St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Think the Clangers thing will happen, but he has a testimonial on the 25th. Don't see it happening until after that.

Aye he's offski after the Brighton game, apparently.

Still not convinced, surely be a big wage drop.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye he's offski after the Brighton game, apparently.

Still not convinced, surely be a big wage drop.

If we're offering him the joint player/goalie coach deal then it might be an attractive proposition for him. Not necessarily in terms of wages, but as a career move.

Shaun Rooney starts a week's trial today. 18 year old right back/ centre half. He can also do a job in the right side of midfield.

Only 18 and I see he made the league 2 team of the year, seemingly a few clubs sniffing about him.

Oh my.

I hope the Scottish media treats us the same as the last club to be investigated by HMRC. You know the sort of thing - wall to wall coverage in the papers, a guy who looks like a Thunderbirds character standing outside the ground, Sportsound specials if someone farts and the like.

Our legal team are fair going to be notching up the billables this month.

Shocked were not just offering Rooney a deal. Thought it would certainly have been one we'd wanted to get tied up sharp considering he has other offers to consider as well.

Encouraged that he chose to come on trial with us first though.

I must admit, the calibre of player we're being linked with is a breath of fresh air for me. Almost all young guys with good pedigree and aside from big Mads, no journeymen.

The possibility of watching a young, hungry side next season rather than a bunch of slavers who have punted themselves to every club in Scotland for a decade is a signing strategy I'm on board with.

Kane, Shankland, Howieson, Rooney, Carswell. These are exactly the sort of players I'd have hoped we'd be sniffing about.

I must admit, the calibre of player we're being linked with is a breath of fresh air for me. Almost all young guys with good pedigree and aside from big Mads, no journeymen.

The possibility of watching a young, hungry side next season rather than a bunch of slavers who have punted themselves to every club in Scotland for a decade is a signing strategy I'm on board with.

Kane, Shankland, Howieson, Rooney, Carswell. These are exactly the sort of players I'd have hoped we'd be sniffing about.

Good to see Murray isn't diving in with both feet. I thought Mads would have been snapped up straight away.

He knows there isn't any room for error.

Looks like Albert Kuqi, younger brother of Shefki, is on trial. Young striker, probably play against Oldham tomorrow.

Also McGinn is training with Houston but they can't sign him due to the MLS rules.

I take it the Oldham game is behind closed doors?

Aye, think it's in Stirling for some reason. Imagine we'll have a few trialists out as well as first teamers getting fitness.

Archived