St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Langfield to you guys as player/coach.... Can we make this happen?

Hopefully! Seems to pop up every pre season now but he is a local lad. Will he want to uproot his family from Aberdeen though? He has a year left on his contract but maybe Aberdeen won't stand in his way?

To coin an old cliche he 'lost the dressing room' last season. Or at least quite a few players in it, with the tipping point being a 3-0 defeat against Alloa where he pretty publicly tore into the players afterwards.

Some players weren't enjoying working under him, or Spalding and that really showed towards the end of the season on the pitch. In saying that others, such as Aggy, clearly did enjoy things with him.

I think the move suited both us and Muzz well. Things had begun to go stale at DFC under him and I think he had started to lose interest. Hopefully this season the move will work out well for both teams.

If you ever line up 3-5-2 be very, very afraid though...!

This, and lest we forget, Dumbarton FC was good for Ian Murray, it wasn't all one-way.

Anyway, having built his platform with us he is now embarked on the next stage of his career, at a club where expectations and demands will be higher than those at DFC. I'm looking forward to the games against Saints this season, there should be a bit of 'meat' about them.

Can't see the Langfield thing happening unless he gets paid off. Can't imagine he's happy being number 3 at Pittodrie though.

He's got his testimonial next week I think so if anything is going to happen it will be after that.

To coin an old cliche he 'lost the dressing room' last season. Or at least quite a few players in it, with the tipping point being a 3-0 defeat against Alloa where he pretty publicly tore into the players afterwards.

Some players weren't enjoying working under him, or Spalding and that really showed towards the end of the season on the pitch. In saying that others, such as Aggy, clearly did enjoy things with him.

I think the move suited both us and Muzz well. Things had begun to go stale at DFC under him and I think he had started to lose interest. Hopefully this season the move will work out well for both teams.

If you ever line up 3-5-2 be very, very afraid though...!

That was the problem we had under Lennon. The difference is that in six months time you won't be moaning "We shouldn't have got rid of Murray" as it wasn't your choice - and your board made a fairly sensible choice when it came to choosing a replacement.

Early days yet but fairly happy with how Murray has gone about his business so far. He got rid of a lot of guys early doors and there's none of them I'm overly sorry to see go that we could realistically have kept - would have been nice to keep Sadlier but he chose to leave. I wouldn't have kept Gow mind you.

Of the signings he's made Agnew looks like a decent player at this level, Stenny fans rave about McMullan and Carswell could be a good acquisition. The players we're being linked with a fairly encouraging too. I don't think we'll be going 3-5-2, a back four looks more likely - although what we go with in front of that is anyone's guess. We could play pretty much anything and not have guys getting forced to play where they aren't comfortable.

I suppose Spalding is the only questionable one so far. We're fairly under staffed when it comes to coaches and the like so it wouldn't be a surprise if he's been brought on for his knowledge of sports science (if he has any), video analysis etc rather than anything else. Plus his background suggests he might be able to help bringing young kids into the first team.

According to twitter we are just under the 2500 mark for ST sales.

Thats pretty much the hardcore isn't it? Add in the 500-750 who pay at the gate most weeks and thats our whack not including the day trippers who come for the big games only or if the team are on a bit of form.

Might be better getting an ST if you can afford the outright payment and want to go to every away match. Can see there being a scramble for tickets at Ibrox and Dumbarton.

According to twitter we are just under the 2500 mark for ST sales.

Thats pretty much the hardcore isn't it? Add in the 500-750 who pay at the gate most weeks and thats our whack not including the day trippers who come for the big games only or if the team are on a bit of form.

Might be better getting an ST if you can afford the outright payment and want to go to every away match. Can see there being a scramble for tickets at Ibrox and Dumbarton.

When do current ST holders seats get held until?

Should fit in well in Paisley.... Looks like his name is an anagram of 'Maddies on benefit'... No, hold on....

Close, but no cigar.

When do current ST holders seats get held until?

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?page_id=44634

Notes

Concession Season Tickets holders will encompass Senior Citizens, Students and Disabled.

Students must provide the Ticket Office with proof that they will be a student during 2015-16.

Anyone wishing to purchase a disabled/carer ticket must provide proof that they are receiving DLA.

To renew your season ticket for 2015/16, this can be done simply by accessing the Online Ticket Shop and your St Mirren smart card will automatically be updated or alternatively at the St Mirren Ticket Office (unless you wanted to change your seat then you would need a new smart card).

The free child tickets can only be purchased at the Ticket Office – not online.

For telephone orders please call the St Mirren Ticket Office on (0141) 840-6130.

Deadline has now passed for 2014/15 Season Ticket holders to be guaranteed their seats, all unsold seats are now being sold on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.

Deadline has passed Bud. I've still to get mine. Don't know what stand to choose.

Sounds promising. If for the fact he's 6ft6 than anything else!

Good news that season ticket sales have held up. 2.5k seems pretty healthy for this time of year.

Hi there, I see Ayr are playing St Mirren at Ralston tonight. Will it be the St Mirren first team, does anyone know? Cheers

No idea but I suspect it will be a mix of the new guys and trialists but who knows.

Edit to Add: Allegedly we have about 7 trialists at the moment so the team will possibly include most of them.

Archived