St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

I wouldn't. Didn't you follow a very similar pattern a few years ago with Stevie May in that you gave him a shot early doors in pre-season (and Europe if I remember) before deciding he'd benefit from another loan spell, then farmed him out to Accies?

We done this with Kane last season, so can't see much point repeating it. Just sounds like lazy journalism this story.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Him and Wylde on the left :lol:

Not a chance we got £200k from Celtic. Think the figure of £60k has been mentioned on the Saints forums by folk in the know, seems a bit more likely.

Part of the deal is Celtics development

Team get to play there games there for next two years .

Sorry but Ian Murrays contact book must be written on the back of a fag packet. Linked with everyone he's worked with before. Be shocked if Kano signs but would be an immense signing.

I also don't want to alarm you but a couple of our players were pissing themselves that Spalding was assistant. Not well liked at the Sons it seems.

Sorry but Ian Murrays contact book must be written on the back of a fag packet. Linked with everyone he's worked with before. Be shocked if Kano signs but would be an immense signing.

I also don't want to alarm you but a couple of our players were pissing themselves that Spalding was assistant. Not well liked at the Sons it seems.

Thanks for your concern but I don't think dumbarton would be anywhere near the championship if it wasn't for Ian Murray.

Thanks for your concern but I don't think dumbarton would be anywhere near the championship if it wasn't for Ian Murray.

Okay. We were promoted to this division without Ian Murray. He did a grand job though. I was just passing on some comments that I thought my interest you guys but I'll leave you to it.

True to an extent, but the job Jack Ross did is not to be underestimated - particularly on the player recruitment side of things. Of our signings made last summer, only Taggart and Rogers were successful.

I genuinely hope he does well, he's given me some of my greatest memories as a Sons' fan, but the mutterings I've heard from certain players are not overly positive.

True to an extent, but the job Jack Ross did is not to be underestimated - particularly on the player recruitment side of things. Of our signings made last summer, only Taggart and Rogers were successful.

I genuinely hope he does well, he's given me some of my greatest memories as a Sons' fan, but the mutterings I've heard from certain players are not overly positive.

What are these mutterings your on about?

These things always seem to come out after a manager leaves a club, seems to be the way of it.

I'm quite happy with Murray's signings so far and I believe there will be another 3 or 4 yet.

St Mirren are hoping to raise money for their bid to return to the Scottish Premiership by charging holidaymakers to use their car park as St Mirren Park is a mile from Glasgow Airport. (Sunday Mail)

St Mirren are hoping to raise money for their bid to return to the Scottish Premiership by charging holidaymakers to use their car park as St Mirren Park is a mile from Glasgow Airport. (Sunday Mail)

Yes, but only if they wave a tricolour out the window and drive in with a CD of rebel songs playing at full volume.

It's what we do, dont'cha know.

What are these mutterings your on about?

These things always seem to come out after a manager leaves a club, seems to be the way of it.

I'm quite happy with Murray's signings so far and I believe there will be another 3 or 4 yet.

To coin an old cliche he 'lost the dressing room' last season. Or at least quite a few players in it, with the tipping point being a 3-0 defeat against Alloa where he pretty publicly tore into the players afterwards.

Some players weren't enjoying working under him, or Spalding and that really showed towards the end of the season on the pitch. In saying that others, such as Aggy, clearly did enjoy things with him.

I think the move suited both us and Muzz well. Things had begun to go stale at DFC under him and I think he had started to lose interest. Hopefully this season the move will work out well for both teams.

If you ever line up 3-5-2 be very, very afraid though...!

On a more serious note, it is more than St Mirren letting holidaymakers use the car park - it's a proper arrangement with an airport car parking company that already operate other sites. Makes a lot of sense as a business deal. There's already an off-site long-stay park across from the stadium, and many others nearby in Linwood and Renfrew.

My suggestion was that the cars using our site all get a voucher placed in them, which offers entry to a future St Mirren game for two people for something like £7pp. All they do is take the voucher to the ticket office on a matchday and exchange it for the two cut-price tickets. The majority of folk parking there obviously won't be St Mirren fans, but no matter, they might toddle along to take in a game for a good price if their team is away from home.

On a more serious note, it is more than St Mirren letting holidaymakers use the car park - it's a proper arrangement with an airport car parking company that already operate other sites. Makes a lot of sense as a business deal. There's already an off-site long-stay park across from the stadium, and many others nearby in Linwood and Renfrew.My suggestion was that the cars using our site all get a voucher placed in them, which offers entry to a future St Mirren game for two people for something like £7pp. All they do is take the voucher to the ticket office on a matchday and exchange it for the two cut-price tickets. The majority of folk parking there obviously won't be St Mirren fans, but no matter, they might toddle along to take in a game for a good price if their team is away from home.

Like the idea about the tickets. A lot of kids at a young age are still making their mind up about following a team so you never know.

On a more serious note, it is more than St Mirren letting holidaymakers use the car park - it's a proper arrangement with an airport car parking company that already operate other sites. Makes a lot of sense as a business deal. There's already an off-site long-stay park across from the stadium, and many others nearby in Linwood and Renfrew.My suggestion was that the cars using our site all get a voucher placed in them, which offers entry to a future St Mirren game for two people for something like £7pp. All they do is take the voucher to the ticket office on a matchday and exchange it for the two cut-price tickets. The majority of folk parking there obviously won't be St Mirren fans, but no matter, they might toddle along to take in a game for a good price if their team is away from home.

Do you never stop having good ideas??!!!

Archived