St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Wylde away to Plymouth and we've signed an U-20 from Aberdeen?

Infact we haven't, SSN getting it wrong.

It must be a desirable trait to be good at running in a straight line then not tracking back in the westcountry.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to think that we might be interested in him or Balatoni. Depends on the budget and if one or both would drop down a level. We definitely need a centre half.

Was Balatoni not linked with a move to the English Championship about a month or two ago? Thought Partick Thistle also wanted to keep him. Would be quite the coup.

Unsure where that one is coming from. Seemed fairly clear he wants to make the move south, but was only linked to Barnsley. It's all gone quiet but I'd utterly surprised and confused if he ended up at Saints.

It must be a desirable trait to be good at running in a straight line then not tracking back in the westcountry.

Just realised Derek Adams got the gig there. Obviously seen something he likes, not sure what mind. Perhaps one of the decent games he had for us was against County.

Closed doors game :thumbsdown

The article in the PDE talks about it being the first chance for fans to see the side. Would be surprised if it is open door due to the cost.

Just realised Derek Adams got the gig there. Obviously seen something he likes, not sure what mind. Perhaps one of the decent games he had for us was against County.

Mind when we signed Arquin, word was Adams rated him too...

Yes. Absolutely. I'll even have one of your famous charity bets on it, although I can see the loser trying to wriggle out of it if it ends up being another Gow type with me trying to claim he's a striker and you trying to claim he's a midfielder :lol:

And as if to prove the point Celtic's Paul McMullan, who we're trying to get on loan, is a striker who can play out wide...

And as if to prove the point Celtic's Paul McMullan, who we're trying to get on loan, is a striker who can play out wide...

I heard he was a winger who can play striker ;)

By out and out striker I was meaning someone like Callum Ball or John Sutton. Someone who is unequivocally useless in any other role.

I hope we do get someone like McMullan, we need quick players who can play off the main striker.

It just seems totally unnecessary. Everyone is aware this isn't Celtic's ground. Fair enough if they want to use the shop, have a sign telling people where they can buy stuff.

There are a few people getting their knickers in a twist over it, people (especially football fans) love to complain, this has just given them lots of ammo.

I heard he was a winger who can play striker ;)

By out and out striker I was meaning someone like Callum Ball or John Sutton. Someone who is unequivocally useless in any other role.

I hope we do get someone like McMullan, we need quick players who can play off the main striker.

In all seriousness, the Celtic website talks about him mainly as a striker: http://www.celticfc.net/team/youths

We need quick players for pretty much any position. Good for a young forward having a guy like Thompson they can learn from.

I still laugh at Arquin running out of the way.

:lol: He actually moves into that channel quite nicely. Better than any run he managed for us.

How are you all feeling about this?

CI0jEluW8AAlnq-.jpg

It's rancid. There's just no need for it. However, there are rumours on the ever-reliable social media that we've done quite well out of this, financially. And I certainly can't imagine anything untrue appearing on social media. If it sorts us with a couple of players that help us mount a top-four challenge, then this'll be forgotten next April. But right now, it sticks in the throat.

Option 1) No income, stadium lies empty for 2 weeks, no loan players from Celtic.

Option 2). Celtic play 3 friendlies there, stick up some temporary branding, we get income and/or loan players from Celtic.. Baring in mind the last 3 we got on loan from them were Cuthbert McGowan and Carey...

Then option 2 for me.

Archived