St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Just realised how self contradicting that sounded. Meant Aberdeen and Celtic would be the only two clubs that can afford him up here.

Anything else on Clarkson? Still reckon he'd be decent for us at this level if he'd be willing to take a pay cut

In fairness, he might not have any option. I can't see Premiership clubs lining up for him. Other than that incredible run when he first signed for Dundee, he didn't look particularly clever. Not to say he wouldn't do a good job in the Championship mind.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, he might not have any option. I can't see Premiership clubs lining up for him. Other than that incredible run when he first signed for Dundee, he didn't look particularly clever. Not to say he wouldn't do a good job in the Championship mind.

I'd heard County were lingering, may well have been shite though. In fact it was probably complete shite. I see your point though, other than the first spell he had didn't do much but like you said he'd probably be decent for us

I heard he had some informal talks with us before heading to Mexico on holiday. I expect he'll be holding on for a gig in the top flight tbh.

He'll be lucky.

I'd heard County were lingering, may well have been shite though. In fact it was probably complete shite. I see your point though, other than the first spell he had didn't do much but like you said he'd probably be decent for us

County have Graham, Curran and Boyce already signed up. I'm sure they've got a couple of others who's names escape me too.

Clarkson would struggle to get ahead of them.

He wasn't actually our assistant last year. He was First Team Coach, Beuzelin left and Murray didn't bother getting anyone else in. He does seem to do well with the younger lads though and you guys have a lot of promise there it seems.

He wasn't actually our assistant last year. He was First Team Coach, Beuzelin left and Murray didn't bother getting anyone else in. He does seem to do well with the younger lads though and you guys have a lot of promise there it seems.

He wasn't head academy coach at Falkirk either

Surprised that Murray has appointed Spalding if I'm honest, never really came across as assistant manager material to me.

I really liked the fact he used video analysis etc, and seemed pretty clued up on modern techniques but he doesn't seem the like the type who will challenge Murray when he makes dodgy decisions. I always thought he was more of a coach than assistant manager.

It may well work out tremendously but the Muzz and Spalding combo didn't really work for us. Our form in 2015 was the worst in the league I believe which may just be a coincidence. Spalding was never officially appointed assistant but did seem involved in the dugout on match days after Boozy left.

Hard to judge really due to the difference in resources and the fact St Mirren are full-time.

Meh. Very meh indeed. There's some absolute wallopers over on some Saints Facebook that were still raving about Kello a few months back.

is that the St mirren supporters page. I had to delete that due to absolute rockets continually posting lol

Ridgers saying he's been told he'll be number 1 next season.

Meh.

I'm fine with that, to be honest. I don't think he's as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Still pretty young for a goalkeeper at 24 so hopefully we can get an experienced back up/coach in to help him out.

Archived