St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Alexander_Spalding

Honestly think Murray needs someone who will be stronger with him and tell him when his ideas are shite. From what I hear Spalding was a Yes man, agreed with Murray on everything. Time will tell as S08 says but I can't help but think Murray is making a mess of things with that appointment.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on an assistant, and as for being a yes man,that's just gossip, according to our fans

jack Ross had the sun shine out of his arse, and I would say it's a bit early to say that Murray is making a mess of things, good luck to him, but not against us, he deserves it, but I would say, that our time with Murray had run its course, and most son's fans agree

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on an assistant, and as for being a yes man,that's just gossip, according to our fans

jack Ross had the sun shine out of his arse, and I would say it's a bit early to say that Murray is making a mess of things, good luck to him, but not against us, he deserves it, but I would say, that our time with Murray had run its course, and most son's fans agree

It certainly shone out of his dinner jacket at the awards in 2012 :wub:

It cannot be denied that we played far better football when Jack Ross was here, in a far more expansive style. When Beuzelin came in we were very narrow/compact and tried to play possession football (or shite football, if you will). Gossip from fans or gossip from players? It's not really a secret any more that some players were fed up with Murray and Spalding, there was no go between for the players and Murray slating them publicly probably didn't help either.

Jack Ross had the sun shine out his arse because all the evidence points towards him being a very good assistant/coach. The players liked him and he wasn't afraid to stand up to Murray. You can call that gossip if you like but Hearts weren't slow in nabbing him for their youth sides and our form/style seriously deteriorated when he left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Alexander_Spalding

Honestly think Murray needs someone who will be stronger with him and tell him when his ideas are shite. From what I hear Spalding was a Yes man, agreed with Murray on everything. Time will tell as S08 says but I can't help but think Murray is making a mess of things with that appointment.

Take a green dot you helpful young man

I thought it was this coming Friday. Not sure though.

Sean Kelly's grandparents were in my work yesterday and said they had started back on Saturday. I didn't go into it In depth, maybe they had to just check back in but the full pre season hasn't started yet.

Kelly and McGinn were playing golf today judging by their Twitter. Hopefully young Sean didn't get up to any hi-jinx when trying to put the flag back in...

Has anymore come of the David Clarkson rumour?

Or the Willie Dyer link?

We've apparently offered deals to a few players, but either just haven't heard back from them or haven't finalised them. I think it's likely that Clarkson has been offered a deal, not sure about Dyer.

Just realised how self contradicting that sounded. Meant Aberdeen and Celtic would be the only two clubs that can afford him up here.

Anything else on Clarkson? Still reckon he'd be decent for us at this level if he'd be willing to take a pay cut

Archived