St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Had to have a look. :lol:

Travesty of the modern world that the safety of employees in the workplace is enshrined in law, imo.

Back in my day lad, we used to maim ourselves at least twice a week at work. Lost 3 fingers and half me thumb in a shift I did...gaffer told me to stop complainin' and that Sadie in t'office had needle and thread to stitch the ends up wiv. I were back at me post within 'alf an hour and t'wound 'ealed after 6 months and a bout of gangrene . We were real men us, none of that namby pamby 'elf and safety nonsense.

Stabbed in the leg, y'say? Lad don't know how good 'e's got it!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed my mind and had a quick look.

First thread I saw: 'Jim Goodwin To Sign For Motherwell'.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

In fairness that was started by a renowned wind up merchant, however the ratio of decent posters to complete throbbers is not a good one.

In fairness that was started by a renowned wind up merchant, however the ratio of decent posters to complete throbbers is not a good one.

Pretty much representative of St Mirrens support. A few good guys outnumbered by utter pellets.

My understanding is that McGinn is out of contract and if anyone wants to sign him, they will have to pay the compensation fee (around 300k), regardless of what happens with this stuff. So I'm not sure if it'll have any bearing on it. Could be wrong though, I'm not exactly clued up on the legalities surrounding this issue.

You're right.

This has absolutely no baring on any compensation we would be due on McGinn. It's what the club pays insurance for and is really a non story.

Heard a rumour the latest austerity measures will see Legal Aid scrapped and folk asked to post on Black and White Army for help instead. Can't fail.

Possibly one of the funniest threads I've read on any football forum, and took up the Elderslie to Cardonald part of my bus journey to work this morning.

Thank God for Beyong Our Ken & DJChapsticks for adding some sanity to the thread over on BAWA.

Possibly one of the funniest threads I've read on any football forum, and took up the Elderslie to Cardonald part of my bus journey to work this morning.

Thank God for Beyong Our Ken & DJChapsticks for adding some sanity to the thread over on BAWA.

They are the Frank Grimes to everyone else's Homer Simpson.

My understanding is that McGinn is out of contract and if anyone wants to sign him, they will have to pay the compensation fee (around 300k), regardless of what happens with this stuff. So I'm not sure if it'll have any bearing on it. Could be wrong though, I'm not exactly clued up on the legalities surrounding this issue.

Doesn't that only apply if he moves to another club within Scotland?

Doesn't that only apply if he moves to another club within Scotland?

No I believe it's anywhere in the UK. If he was to move abroad we wouldn't receive a penny.

Someone also mentioned we would be due more if he was to go to England because the transfer documents would be passing over to another FA, fck knows though. Accies seem to be getting £1M for Hendrie, don't know how it is all worked out.

No I believe it's anywhere in the UK. If he was to move abroad we wouldn't receive a penny.

Someone also mentioned we would be due more if he was to go to England because the transfer documents would be passing over to another FA, fck knows though. Accies seem to be getting £1M for Hendrie, don't know how it is all worked out.

I thought England is treated as a "foreign" nation due to the separate FA's

If memory serves me right, if we sign a player from anyone of the home nations, you still have to get international clearance

I thought England is treated as a "foreign" nation due to the separate FA's

If memory serves me right, if we sign a player from anyone of the home nations, you still have to get international clearance

I know this much:

1) nobody on any forum has convinced me that they've got the first clue about how these things work. (Not a dig at you.)

2) I bet we will end up taking a pittance for McGinn if he leaves. £75k is my prediction.

Nick Ross is stalling on a contract from us, says he wants first team football. I reckon you guys will be sniffing about if he doesn't re-sign.

Nick Ross is stalling on a contract from us, says he wants first team football. I reckon you guys will be sniffing about if he doesn't re-sign.

That would be a good signing. I'd imagine there might be a few Premiership clubs in for him though if he doesn't re-sign with you guys.

So Alan Gow....

I think he might give us a decent option in the Championship. Right enough he looked a wee bit short of fitness and confidence last season but didn't look as bad as I expected, I mean he was better than a lot of the shite we signed!

Presume he has recovered from his brutally assault by McManus.

Archived