St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's decent mid-table Championship player. He likes to slow the game down a lot with the amount of touches he takes on the ball before releasing it and he has nightmares about any player that likes to run at him on the wing.

That all being said, he's the type of player that'll never let anyone down at this level. Hartley described him as his best player during the run in which we got promoted because he was a constant 6/7 out of 10 player every week. He was just so badly out of his depth in the Premiership that he's just viewed as shite by the majority of Dee fans these days (Including myself!).

He's decent mid-table Championship player. He likes to slow the game down a lot with the amount of touches he takes on the ball before releasing it and he has nightmares about any player that likes to run at him on the wing.

That all being said, he's the type of player that'll never let anyone down at this level. Hartley described him as his best player during the run in which we got promoted because he was a constant 6/7 out of 10 player every week. He was just so badly out of his depth in the Premiership that he's just viewed as shite by the majority of Dee fans these days (Including myself!).

Dyer played at Raith, then finished 2nd place with Morton then signed for Dundee, I think?

Seems to be a solid enough signing for this level. I don't think he is that old either, is he?

I prefer 7/10 type players week in week out than players that play 9/10 once in 3 months and 4/10 for the rest of the time.

sergie's no1 fan, on 11 Jun 2015 - 16:47, said:

Dyer played at Raith, then finished 2nd place with Morton then signed for Dundee, I think?

Seems to be a solid enough signing for this level. I don't think he is that old either, is he?

I prefer 7/10 type players week in week out than players that play 9/10 once in 3 months and 4/10 for the rest of the time.

28. St Johnstone (Youth), Brechin, Raith, Morton, Dundee.

He had a good steady 6 months at Dens (Hartley's first 6 months) in a 2 season spell.

When he played for us and the few games against us for Morton you would inevitably get to the 75 minute mark and my inside voice could be heard saying 'oh, Willie Dyer is playing today'

Made an entire post there without once referring to his perceived ability to track his man at a corner. Doing it wrong, IMO.

28. St Johnstone (Youth), Brechin, Raith, Morton, Dundee.

He had a good steady 6 months at Dens (Hartley's first 6 months) in a 2 season spell.

28, he has peaked then and should have a couple of good years in him at this level. Can't see him costing too much, we'll be looking at players like him I'm assuming.

When he played for us and the few games against us for Morton you would inevitably get to the 75 minute mark and my inside voice could be heard saying 'oh, Willie Dyer is playing today'

That can be a good or bad thing for a defender :lol: .

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/murray-lays-down-the-law-as-he-starts-st-mirren-rebuilding-job-210118n.128805380

Ian Murray's latest interview. Must admit I like the cut of his jib.

I think McGinn might stay purely because no one will pay his development fee.

That has been my feeling too, that'll be the only reason how he could stay. Same with Mclean last season, the only team that were in for him was Bournemouth and he didn't fancy it. Wonder what happened to them...

I am assuming the team that has been in touch with us are Wigan. Guesstimation and rumours heard at POTY. hatcould be Murray letting other teams know if the correct fee is met he will leave, hopefully start a bidding war. I'll be honest I don't think McGinn deserves to be playing in this Division with us but if it happens I won't be complaining!

McGinn was awful last year, certainly no surprise to me that nobody is wanting to pay 300k for him.

Best thing for him to do would be to get his head down and sign a new deal with us. If he recreates his form from 13/14 he will be one of the best players in the division and he will get his move.

300k, is that how much his development fee is?

Quite rightly, I can't see anyone paying that either. The lad's only 20 though, hopefully last season was just a blip and the scenario Lex has outlined unfolds.

We hold all the cards when it comes to McGinn. If no buyers are willing to part with the fee for development and he doesn't want to stay, then he's effectively out of football. I reckon he'll sign on again for another couple of years.

Archived