St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Ian Maxwell had a Civil Engineering degree and yeah was working as well as training.

I'd suggest our top wage limit would be £800-£1K bracket at this level. Wasn't our top Prem wage £2K with a 50% clause on relegation?

Ah that's it, I knew he had a proper job but couldn't remember what it was.

The 50 per cent thing is true although Goodwin, Ridgers, Naismith and Kelly are the ones going to be affected by that. If Thompson and Gow stay they might have to take even more of a hit as they were out of contract.

I'd heard Teale and Thompson were on about £2-£2.5K a week after they signed back in 2011. Dunno if that went down in contracts that followed.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still unsure we'll be anywhere near the top! Would bite your hand off for a comfortable finish at 7th or 8th with no relegation worries. Wouldn't be surprised if we need that year to solidify and rebuild before thinking about challenging.

7 and 8th comfortable? you do know this is a 10 team league and 9th is a relegation playoff spot? 5/6th is comfortable

Finishing 10 points + above 9th place would be comfortable.

7th or 8th would be a pretty crap season for us though. If Ian Murray can finish there with Dumbarton he should be able to take us higher than that with better resources ( not being disrespectful to the Sons ).

No chance of a top 2 finish, we should be aiming for the play offs.Not going to be easy though, I can accept a building process this season.

7 and 8th comfortable? you do know this is a 10 team league and 9th is a relegation playoff spot? 5/6th is comfortable

Why are you so obsessed with Saints seems to be a Dundee thing?? No one nice to play with in the big forum

Obviously there's a lot of signings to be made so it could change but at this stage I'd expect a pretty comfortable distance between the top half of Hibs, Rangers, St. Mirren, Falkirk and Queen of the South, and the bottom half of Raith, Livingston, Morton, Dumbarton and Alloa. If any of that first five are failing to get close to a challenge for the playoffs their season has to be viewed as a failure.

Obviously there's a lot of signings to be made so it could change but at this stage I'd expect a pretty comfortable distance between the top half of Hibs, Rangers, St. Mirren, Falkirk and Queen of the South, and the bottom half of Raith, Livingston, Morton, Dumbarton and Alloa. If any of that first five are failing to get close to a challenge for the playoffs their season has to be viewed as a failure.

Raith have kept a lot of their best players from last season and have already added a couple of decent signings. I can see them doing well this season

As long as we don't capitulate and plummet into league 1, I'll be happy.

May seem like a miserable target, but I'd rather stay in the championship for a few seasons or more and still have a club to support, than have us over stretch ourselves!

maybe the buddie in Dundee can shed some light on why the dees don't like st Mirren ?

I asked the same question when I joined recently. Think it was a few Saints supporters on here who came across as utter wipes at the start of last season. Vast majority of dee fans up here are sound. Unfortunately the ones that are regulars in my pub are arrogant bellends that are totally deluded about their team's standing in football.

7th or 8th would be terrible. I would hope we'll challange for a top half finish.

Considering we're arguably a bigger club than most in this league then in that case, yes it would be terrible.

I was thinking of Dunfermline totally losing the plot over the past few years. I'd rather have a season or two of rebuilding than that. Even if it means we finish 7th or 8th.

£600 a week, same terms as they had Chopra on last year. We can't compete with that nor is Agnew worth that. Might be a load of shite but it's what I've been told. I'd also rather he went to St Mirren.

If we're paying that much to players I'm surprised that so many of our key players are leaving us and signing for Raith and Dumbarton. Obviously I can't say for certain but I'd be surprised if this wasn't total bollocks.

If we're paying that much to players I'm surprised that so many of our key players are leaving us and signing for Raith and Dumbarton. Obviously I can't say for certain but I'd be surprised if this wasn't total bollocks.

I doubt you're paying everyone that but 1 or two on that wedge may be ridiculous but not unbelievable.

I was meaning for my own benefit Id rather he went to St mirren as we are more likely to be battling with alloa to avoid relegation whereas St mirren would surely be near the top..

Apologies, I had looked at your username and assumed you were a saints fan. Point still stands I'd rather we went after keeping McGinn than signing Agnew if we are wanting to be challenging for play offs

The 50 per cent thing is true although Goodwin, Ridgers, Naismith and Kelly are the ones going to be affected by that.

From what I believe the 50% cut is true for most players, but one or two may not be affected. I think that remains to be seen in whether we sell at the first opportunity.

Archived