St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Rae better hope he has a good season next year because there is plenty of ammunition to use if there is any sign of failure.

How so? Quinn is a very decent addition and there's not a lot could be done about Watson.

How so? Quinn is a very decent addition and there's not a lot could be done about Watson.

Yeah Quinn is probably in the best we can get category and Keith is far too good for us.

I was meaning the treatment of certain players, just going by rumours. It was obvious Rae was going to have a clear out but the way he has went about it and he looks the sort you wouldn't want to mess with.

I just hope he doesn't do a Gus and get a bit too big for his boots.

Hopefully he gets off to a good start next season and it won't matter.

Congrats on the best season you've had in a generation.

We finished second at this level in 2013: thanks for playing anyway.

Let's just take a moment to unpack all of your fail though. Saint Mirren of course rolled into the season as a side expected to be in the play-offs - you failed. Saint Mirren were expected to at least put together a credible showing in the other domestic competitions - you also failed at that. Saint Mirren held a massive financial advantage over six clubs in the league, having just been papped out of the top flight with the parachute payments that come along with that - despite that, you failed. You cleared out dross, made a bunch of panic signings mid-season and changed your manager - regardless, you failed. Jim Duffy even managed to shit the bed in four successive derbies, gift-wrapping eight points to you - and yet you still failed. Inferior by every real measure of your campaign then.

13095806_122583944812634_894677820624721

Gutted for you.

1282014053.png

Let's just take a moment to unpack all of your fail though. Saint Mirren of course rolled into the season as a side expected to be in the play-offs - you failed. Saint Mirren were expected to at least put together a credible showing in the other domestic competitions - you also failed at that. Saint Mirren held a massive financial advantage over six clubs in the league, having just been papped out of the top flight with the parachute payments that come along with that - despite that, you failed. You cleared out dross, made a bunch of panic signings mid-season and changed your manager - regardless, you failed. Jim Duffy even managed to shit the bed in four successive derbies, gift-wrapping eight points to you - and yet you still failed. Inferior by every real measure of your campaign then.

Gutted for you.

1282014053.png

Spunking his load at finishing above St Mirren.

Absolute minter.

Spunking his load at finishing above St Mirren.

Absolute minter.

Let's not down play this achievement. It's the greatest thing to happen to Morton since... Well since they last finished above us in the mid 90's.

That solitary point and solitary place advantage means the absolute world to them. I, for one, offer them my heartfelt congratulations. Well done Morton!

Gutted for you.

1282014053.png

I know that we're all diddies here, but that post really is as diddie as it gets.

On the other hand, perhaps i should pay attention to you: an essay on failure from a master in the art. It's praise from Caesar.

Let's not down play this achievement. It's the greatest thing to happen to Morton since... Well since they last finished above us in the mid 90's.

That solitary point and solitary place advantage means the absolute world to them. I, for one, offer them my heartfelt congratulations. Well done Morton!

This is true.  My observation was not really reflective of St Mirren but of Morten and their fans.  No doubt if they manage to finish above Kilmarnock next season this will get brought up again but I will probably give the same response.

Goodwin apparently joining us. :lol:

[typicalP&BreactiontoJimGoodwin] He's a fucking talentless hack c**t and the likes of him have no place in the modern Scottish game. [/typicalP&BreactiontoJimGoodwin]

He still has something to offer at our level. It would make for some fantastically conflicted seethe from both sets of fans if it happened  :lol:

Of course, I reserve the right to abandon my default position of 'defend Jim Goodwin' if he signs for you lot.  :P

Archived