St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/mcculloch-off-to-kilmarnock.131715878

Mcginn half way down.

Typical this happens to us! I don't understand how if he went to England we would be entitled to money - england is still classed as abroad surely?

Annoying thing is, he'll go to America, and be back playing in Scotland / england in 6 months!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/mcculloch-off-to-kilmarnock.131715878

Mcginn half way down.

Typical this happens to us! I don't understand how if he went to England we would be entitled to money - england is still classed as abroad surely?

Annoying thing is, he'll go to America, and be back playing in Scotland / england in 6 months!

That would be a sore one, what age was he when he joined St Mirren?

I do feel a bit sorry for the guy. No doubt he was pretty shite last season but he wasn't exactly surrounded by players on form. The guy obviously feels he's too good for the Championship (which he is) and has to do what's best for his short career. The amount of money needed in compo is probably putting the majority of clubs off and he needs to look out for number 1. As I said it's a short career and overall he's probably earned a decent move. Would his wage have been cut due to relegation?

On the other hand it's hugely unfair on St Mirren and they must be absolutely rippin' it if this goes ahead. It's a shame some sort of agreement couldn't be reached to allow him to move on and St Mirren to get some cash.

Mcginn half way down.

So no one's willing to pay his fee then, what a surprise.

Shite state of affairs if he ends up over in America, as you say no doubt he'll back in the UK within a year.

It's a pretty shoddy state of affairs that we're now going to lose him and not even get the money due for 7 years of development.

His agent has clearly told him of this loophole and that he'll be back playing in the UK within a year.

It's a pretty shoddy state of affairs that we're now going to lose him and not even get the money due for 7 years of development.

His agent has clearly told him of this loophole and that he'll be back playing in the UK within a year.

I wouldn't rule out him trying to make a career of it over there for a while. The MLS is now more attractive than it was a few years ago. Playing against the likes of guys like Pirlo, Lampard, Gerrard only to name a few with bigger crowds and in what you could consider better living conditions sounds to me like a good thing.

This could potentially be us at it. Our owners have big ties with Houston Dynamos. They sign him and possibly loaned back to us for a season?

This could potentially be us at it. Our owners have big ties with Houston Dynamos. They sign him and possibly loaned back to us for a season?

Would a clever move if the loophole's there.

How big are these ties?

I've defended McGinn throughout most of this stormy close season but I would be seriously hacked off if that scenario did occur.

AberdeenBud, on 12 Jul 2015 - 17:06, said:

Would a clever move if the loophole's there.

How big are these ties?

I've defended McGinn throughout most of this stormy close season but I would be seriously hacked off if that scenario did occur.

They basically run and own their U18 to U8 academies and charge mega-bucks per child (Something like $2000 per child). Our coaches (Paul Hartley, Tam Ritchie, Bobby Geddes) also go out their every year before pre-season has started to coach their youth academies.

Seems a bit of a coincidence and out of the blue that suddenly Houston Dynamo's are linked when we've previously been interested in McGinn and our directors have links to that club even if not entirely directly related.

Suppose it could be that Hartley/a director has tipped Houston Dynamo off about a player we couldn't afford and there's nothing more to it than that.

Owen Coyle is still pals with Thommo after he managed him at Burnley....surely not? :o.

No player is bigger than the club. Life moves on, even if we don't get a fee.

Maybe it's just a tactic to lower the compensation for a uk team?? Id imagine if St mirren think he could go for nowt they'd accept a vastly reduced fee from a uk team just to get something? Clever move by player

Does anyone actually know how the training compensation rules work? As far as I know FIFA have a mechanism, and it is up to the clubs to agree any amount based on this.

I don't for example understand how an MLS club would avoid paying compensation to St Mirren (or any other European club) for signing a player.

A google doesn't make it particularly clear either. I see they tried something with a Jamaican player that entered the draft after 4 years in college. There the argument seemed to be that the MLS isn't a club but a league and doesn't have to pay and that paying 'breaks US child labor laws'. In the end they came up with a settlement to the Jamaican club.

I'd actually be interested to know if this is the case that there would be no compensation paid and why.

Mads Ibenfeldt not getting a deal.

Ah well, the search continues. Saunders and Ibenfeldt now both punted in the last week or so. By all accounts he looked quite good against Caley though.

Murray in the ET saying that to go into the season with the squad he has just now will be 'impossible' and that there will certainly be more faces coming in.

Murray wants Lawrence Shankland from Aberdeen and Chris Kane from St Johnstone, presumably on loan deals. A B&WA poster who knows a relative of Shankland has confirmed that particular rumour.

I've also heard this from a few sheep. But then they've been saying clangers is on his way for weeks.

Think the Clangers thing will happen, but he has a testimonial on the 25th. Don't see it happening until after that.

Archived