St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Well you guys be changing your name to 'St Meltic FC' now? :)

Seriously though, I would be raging as well if the Darkblues ever let this happen with Utd. I hope you guys milk every penny from one half of the ugly sisters.

Top banter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in the slightest. I'm just against selling the soul of your stadium for virtually nothing, I'd be raging if we done something like this.

Genuinely cant believe so many "fans" are defending this, you're being completely shagged in the arse by a board that doesnt give a f**k about you, again. Yet here you are claiming the extra money makes it all alright, its utterly pathetic and shows absolutely no pride in your club at all.

Which backs up the point about you lot being completely passionless about your club, tbh

Renting out your stadium is perfectly fine, actively advertising and supporting a club in the same league system shouldnt be

Letting Elton John violently rip the goalposts out of the hallowed McDiarmid Park turf to put up a poxy stage.....how embarrassing.

You're selling their merchandise in your shop, and have their badge on your stadium, how much money will they make from the shop? Or are you getting that too?

I think you'll find they are selling it. Not us. We only rented out the shop to them.

So in exchange for money, we're just gonna let any fucker who fancies it PARK THEIR CAR in our STADIUM?

What if one of them supports Sevco? Or Celtic? WHAT IF THEY DRIVE A GREEN CAR? Totally sold our souls. We should just call it the Char Phark and be done with it.

Etc.

Still, at least it's not getting to you.

Steven Saunders on trial apparently.

I really like Saunders.

He is of course a natural centre-back. He can play as a full-back but he never threatened to get over the half-way line when he played there for Ross County, I think he was more adventurous when he had a run of games there for Motherwell when he was younger.

He's tall and has a good leap, he doesn't lose much in the air. He's good on the ground too - despite the amount of injuries he's had over the years he's still got a good bit of recovery pace. He passes the ball out reasonably well and is quite confident at looking up and making the switch in play.

His biggest problem is his injury record. He never once got a proper run of games at County. I was amazed he got a contract extension last summer and he got injured again quite early into the season, only getting fit mid-December. Jim McIntyre gave him a handful of games in the development squad to build up his fitness before being put in against Motherwell in December. He looked really good apart from at the second goal conceded in the draw, where he got caught under the flight of the ball way out of defence, but it was hardly the worst error and wasn't a direct cause of the goal.

He was then in the press saying that we would only see the best out of him when he got more than five games in a row in the first team, which would be the first in a long time that would have happened, but he was dropped after the 1-2 loss to St Mirren in January. He could have been more clever with his marking of Mallan at the winner, but he got a slagging in that match for getting caught on the ball trying to take it out of defence. Saunders was made a scapegoat a bit by the fans and I think it was harsh - he looked less nervous taking the ball out than Paul Quinn, who went on to have a terrific run of form once he was allowed to settle in on his role. Saunders was arguably taking on too much responsibility when St Mirren were a goal down - County's midfield were awful in moving the ball quickly and he had no-one to give it to, despite the man advantage. I'm sorry that he wasn't given a few more games to nail down some consistent form. Scott Boyd is a hero for many up here due to the time spent but I think Saunders could have proven to be a better all-round player.

Saunders lost his place as County took in a couple of defenders in the transfer window. He spent the rest of the season playing most post-window matches in the DL. I saw him play there five or six times in the DL in 2015 and he always looked the part and one of the best players on the pitch, sometimes comfortably the best (in a team half-filled with first team players out of the picture like Graham Carey and Richard Brittain). He seems a really quiet boy off the park but on it he's a big organiser, always talking, always constructive. He seems like future captain material if he goes on to play a lot of games for someone.

To the best of my knowledge he hasn't been injured since November and I think the run of DL games will have done him a lot of good. I hope he signs for you and he does well. If he proves his fitness I think he will be a good capture.

So in exchange for money, we're just gonna let any fucker who fancies it PARK THEIR CAR in our STADIUM?

What if one of them supports Sevco? Or Celtic? WHAT IF THEY DRIVE A GREEN CAR? Totally sold our souls. We should just call it the Char Phark and be done with it.

Etc.

Used to be plenty of charred motors up the old feegie park 8)

I feel a bit sorry for Ian Murray. The McGinn issue and this Celtic circus act has taken a bit of the shine away from what is looking to be a very exciting season. Exciting fixtures, cracking new kit, decent season ticket sales and the ball rolling again on fan ownership but we have a couple of dirty dark clouds hanging over the club.

Suppose he should get used to it, its part and parcel of being connected to St Mirren you just don't know what is round the corner.

We all want the season to start so we can talk about the actual football.

How does it feel to sell yer soul to Celtic,?

Just asking , like .

In the spirit of being so slow on the uptake, I've dropped a proper response to this in the post to you. 2nd class.

I await your scything, witty response at the back end of next week.

I feel a bit sorry for Ian Murray. The McGinn issue and this Celtic circus act has taken a bit of the shine away from what is looking to be a very exciting season. Exciting fixtures, cracking new kit, decent season ticket sales and the ball rolling again on fan ownership but we have a couple of dirty dark clouds hanging over the club.

Suppose he should get used to it, its part and parcel of being connected to St Mirren you just don't know what is round the corner.

We all want the season to start so we can talk about the actual football.

I would politely disagree. I think the distractions might have helped. Murray has spoked about the 'steady' business he's been doing, and I like the idea that they're getting along with things quietly. Nobody's arguing that we don't need to add several players still, but I'm reasonably happy with how the squad is coming together while all the attention seems to be on largely irrelevant off-field stuff.

Still don't think we'll challenge at the very top, but we should be competitive.

Archived