St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

It read more like our model where Budge currently owns the club but has already legally committed to selling it to the Foundation of Hearts once the money has been raised. The Foundation has board representation which increases as fundraising milestones are met.

You'll have to look at the terms of the deal, how much cash supporters have to raise, how quickly and what happens to your money if it falls through but I reckon that if there's an appetite for supporter ownership at Saint Mirren the best way forward will either be this or something very like it.

You do at least have the advantage of not having to deal with the aftermath of an administration.

Aye, there's no urgency to crack on but the flipside is if such a scheme was launched when the club was financially screwed it would focus the mind and perhaps bring more members initially.

As Budge is chairman and majority shareholder does she get to pick the rest of the board?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, there's no urgency to crack on but the flipside is if such a scheme was launched when the club was financially screwed it would focus the mind and perhaps bring more members initially.

As Budge is chairman and majority shareholder does she get to pick the rest of the board?

Yes she does but seeing as everything has gone so well this far that wasn't likely to cause any tension.

Besides she needs FoH on board to get her cash back at the end of the project so that's a disincentive against fucking them about unnecessarily.

What kind of working relationship Scott would have with the supporters buy out group in the interval between him buying the club and selling it is something you need to ask questions about.

I appreciated you're hurting m8. You're previous post was pretty poor and too full of tears and snotters.

The sad reality is that clubs in the weegie area are still squeezed for fans by the old firm.

It's sad that Celtic can play a friendly at the likes of St Mirren park and get a bigger crowd than for a run of the mill Saints game.

One of the biggest crowds at Firhill recently was for that Old Firm Glasgow cup final. Admittedly it was only a fiver for entry.

I appreciate that this is a decent revenue in the short term for Saints.

The same would be the case at Firhill , Hamilton or even Kilmarnock or Motherwell if those clubs had sold out for a few games :(

Oooffft.

My Stenny supporting mate raves about McMullan. Can play both wings I think?

Described as a striker. Him and Thompson up front could be fun. Think he has a bit of pace which will make a nice change.

if Saunders stays fit he could be handy.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=45109

Stadium car park going to become airport car park too. More money for the club so all good news.

Just hope they don't change the club shop doesn't become a duty free...

It's about time! Can't help but think it's took relegation for the board to take a chance on ventures like this.

Stadium car park going to become airport car park too. More money for the club so all good news.

Just hope they don't change the club shop doesn't become a duty free...

Well you guys be changing your name to 'St Meltic FC' now? :)

Seriously though, I would be raging as well if the Darkblues ever let this happen with Utd. I hope you guys milk every penny from one half of the ugly sisters.

He is very quick and can play either right or left but mainly right.

Excellent delivery on set pieces.Will probably create more chances than score himself.

Sounds perfect for us. Thommo is going to need service from the flanks, hopefully this kid provides it.

He is very quick and can play either right or left but mainly right.

Excellent delivery on set pieces.Will probably create more chances than score himself.

Sounds good, that's almost exactly what mate was saying. Looking forward to it being confirmed!

Just hope they don't change the club shop signage to a duty free...

So in exchange for money, we're just gonna let any fucker who fancies it PARK THEIR CAR in our STADIUM?

What if one of them supports Sevco? Or Celtic? WHAT IF THEY DRIVE A GREEN CAR? Totally sold our souls. We should just call it the Char Phark and be done with it.

Etc.

So in exchange for money, we're just gonna let any fucker who fancies it PARK THEIR CAR in our STADIUM?

What if one of them supports Sevco? Or Celtic? WHAT IF THEY DRIVE A GREEN CAR? Totally sold our souls. We should just call it the Char Phark and be done with it.

Etc.

It's another outrage!!!!

No doubt all the profit will be sent to celtic.

I'm utterly seething.....

Archived