St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Option 1) No income, stadium lies empty for 2 weeks, no loan players from Celtic.

Option 2). Celtic play 3 friendlies there, stick up some temporary branding, we get income and/or loan players from Celtic.. Baring in mind the last 3 we got on loan from them were Cuthbert McGowan and Carey...

Then option 2 for me.

Whilst I agree, I doubt the signs would have been a deal breaker. Put some smaller, temporary, road signs pointing in the direction of the shop or whatever.

I'm not overly concerned, but it's still not nice to see. Also it would have been obvious that many fans would have an issue with this.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's more to life than taking the Green Pound - like having some self-respect

Its pretty bad for sure - at least its not the blue pound, that would be a step too far.

Option 1) No income, stadium lies empty for 2 weeks, no loan players from Celtic.

Option 2). Celtic play 3 friendlies there, stick up some temporary branding, we get income and/or loan players from Celtic.. Baring in mind the last 3 we got on loan from them were Cuthbert McGowan and Carey...

Then option 2 for me.

Option 3) Celtic play 3 friendlies there, Celtic use the club shop and put a post on their website explaining where the shop is, with an A-board sign on the street, we get income and/or loan players from Celtic.. Baring in mind the last 3 we got on loan from them were Cuthbert McGowan and Carey...

What will your opinion be if they take down all the crests around each stand, aswell?

And as if to prove the point Celtic's Paul McMullan, who we're trying to get on loan, is a striker who can play out wide...

Has Murray said publicly that you're in for him or is it just a rumour at the moment? I was hoping we'd get him but if you lot are after him there's no doubt where he's going to go.

McMullan should've finished any change we had of winning the league. Bottled a one on one with Gaston with Stenny 2 up at that point. One of the stand outs in League One last season though. Good wee player.

WTF is going on there? I take it that will be down in a few weeks? Is it actually going to be a Celtic shop?

Bizarre :huh:

Celtic are renting our ground for 3 pre season friendly games and they have rented out our club shop too.

The sign is a sickener. Just when our fans were starting to get onside with the board again, this happens.

Celtic are renting our ground for 3 pre season friendly games and they have rented out our club shop too.

The sign is a sickener. Just when our fans were starting to get onside with the board again, this happens.

I see thats not too bad then if they will actually be using it for friendlies.

Still looks really really really weird though.

What is sickening about it?

Would you rent a home if you weren't allowed at least a little wiggle room to redecorate for a short period of time?

It's a bit more like renting out a synagogue to a butchers called "bacon rashers r us" with a big sign of a pig.

What is sickening about it?

Would you rent a home if you weren't allowed at least a little wiggle room to redecorate for a short period of time?

Just the fact a St.Mirren sign has been removed for a big fck off green Celtic one but if they have paid good money for the privilege then fair do's.

It's just a fucking temporary sign for a temporary club shop. Reactions much in the "players shud b more loyal to der club!!" category.

I am guessing it will just be on the 3 match days which isn't too bad really.

I think its the fact we had no idea it was happening so its came as a bit of a shock.

I am guessing it will just be on the 3 match days which isn't too bad really.

I think its the fact we had no idea it was happening so its came as a bit of a shock.

Yip. I could understand rage if it was a permanent club shop but it isn't. Celtic aren't at their usual home and still will be looking to use pre season games for retail opportunities like many other clubs do.

Archived