St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

That does sound bizarre. :unsure:

Would be happy if we got a few loans from them though.

It's apparently for friendlies against Den Bosch, Dukla Prague and Real Sociedad...but surely our stadium isn't big enough. We'd be getting money from it though, which is always welcome.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour they'll also be playing under 20 games at our ground. This after years of being told we can't have home friendlies as the groundsman says the pitch isn't ready - the same pitch the Celtic manager slated.

Would rather play our own kids than give experience to others.

£££ talks though.

Exactly. If they want to hire our stadium we shouldn't be turning their custom down, just as we don't turn down the SFA when they want to hire it for u21 games. It's a benefit of owning our own ground in a location close to all the major transport networks.

I would guess we won't be playing our u20 matches at our ground this season? So won't be any more games played on it than last term.

Also, didn't we have a home friendly against Newcastle 2 seasons ago?

Would rather play our own kids than give experience to others.

Even if the others were considered far superior?

Who knows might lead to a McGowan type situation? Also one of the best centre half's I've seen play for us over the last ten years was a Celtc loannee.

Even if the others were considered far superior?

Who knows might lead to a McGowan type situation? Also one of the best centre half's I've seen play for us over the last ten years was a Celtc loannee.

If they're better than what we have fair enough. Just feel if we're going to be playing enough of our own youngsters we should be looking to add experience rather than bringing in more kids on loan.

Gow has been offered a contract for next season and will re-sign in the near future.

Surely some sort of joke? He's pish and has done nothing at the club since he arrived.

Gow has been offered a contract for next season and will re-sign in the near future.

He's been a better signing than I expected but he's still mince. Worrying stuff if that's the standard of player we'll have next season.

I only saw Gow play for us twice that I can remember, Hamilton and Motherwell at home, but I thought he was good in both of them. In fact against Motherwell I thought he was the best player on the pitch until McManus did him. I wouldn't be upset if he stayed.

He had a few really nice runs and passes but his first touch is really erratic and he rarely has any end product. I'd be happy to have a more experienced head in midfield but not when he isn't any better than the young guys.

Didn't want us to sign Gow in the first place and he's done nothing in his few appearances to make me change my mind. All I can remember him doing is falling over when he should have scored against Killie, missing a sitter against Motherwell and then being assaulted by McManus.

I appreciate he's had a year out but he was pish before his injury as well and there's nothing to suggest he's going to do us a turn once he's back up to speed.

Exactly. If they want to hire our stadium we shouldn't be turning their custom down, just as we don't turn down the SFA when they want to hire it for u21 games. It's a benefit of owning our own ground in a location close to all the major transport networks.

I would guess we won't be playing our u20 matches at our ground this season? So won't be any more games played on it than last term.

Also, didn't we have a home friendly against Newcastle 2 seasons ago?

Think the Scotland under 21s are going else where next year

Think you're forgetting the gulf in class between the Premier league and the Championship. Players like Gow, Reilly, Sadlier, Morgan will run amok next year

I don't think this is true at all.
Also, why hasn't this been papped to the Championship forum yet? :unsure:

I think you're greatly overestimating the gulf.

If the players and fans were to go down to that league with that attitude we would take a doing week in week out on the pitch and off it.

I am genuinely worried about Queen of the South and Falkirk. Fck knows what Morton will show up too.

Think you're forgetting the gulf in class between the Premier league and the Championship. Players like Gow, Reilly, Sadlier, Morgan will run amok next year

Reilly LOL!

Archived