St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=43710

The latest from Ian Murray:

The clearout begins. I would have definitely offered Tesselaar a deal for next season and would have liked Dayton to stay but there you go. None of the others are much of a loss.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dayton, Kello and Tesselaar opted to leave rather than Murray releasing them. Mrs Tess was rather attractive so that's a huge loss :ph34r:

Bit odd how, aside from the youngsters and Genev, Murray has nothing to announce about the Scottish players but has sorted out the rest.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if Dayton, Kello and Tesselaar opted to leave rather than Murray releasing them. Mrs Tess was rather attractive so that's a huge loss :ph34r:

Bit odd how, aside from the youngsters and Genev, Murray has nothing to announce about the Scottish players but has sorted out the rest.

Racist IMO

Tess said some time ago that he didn't want to stay in Scottish football beyond the end of this season(has his nose broken too many times for his liking apparently). Maybe I've not remembered this correctly but I thought Oldham had already freed Dayton. Not at all concerned about Gow, Arquin or Kello. Kello probably on a good wedge so given his form this season a luxury we can't afford. Any other Saints fans thinking we might not get relegated now?

James Keatings being touted...

Would be a fantastic signing for the championship but I'd be amazed if a Premier league side like Killie, Accies (again) or Partick weren't sniffing about.

The releases today are just the beginning, we've still got 7 out of contract players as well as Teale and Goodwin to sort out. There are a load of players on holiday just now. Wylde, Gow, Genev are all dead certs to go I reckon. Reilly, Teale and McGinn will probably be off too. Sadlier and Thompson will be given extra 2 years and year respectively, I'd hope.

Agree with the above.

Surely teale won't stick around after not getting the managers gig. And I'd imagine if we want goodwin we'll keep him, cant imagine he would have too many other options, certainly in the premier anyway.

Would be a fantastic signing for the championship but I'd be amazed if a Premier league side like Killie, Accies (again) or Partick weren't sniffing about.

The releases today are just the beginning, we've still got 7 out of contract players as well as Teale and Goodwin to sort out. There are a load of players on holiday just now. Wylde, Gow, Genev are all dead certs to go I reckon. Reilly, Teale and McGinn will probably be off too. Sadlier and Thompson will be given extra 2 years and year respectively, I'd hope.

I think those are decent predictions. I would give Reilly a year's deal though, which would have sounded mental a few months ago, but I think he's done well in a deeper midfield role and the midfield's actually improved considerably in McGinn's absence. Sadlier's showed a few good wee flashes so I'd be happy for him to get a deal too. I'd be content for Thompson to stay a year but we'd need to sign another two strikers I think. Preferably ones that aren't shite and punted within a few months this time.

Assuming all goes well on Sunday, St Mirren will take on the honoured mantle of keeping Sevco out of the Premiership. I don't trust Hibs to do it.

Whats Tesselaar like at playing the left sided CB role? Wouldn't mind taking him as back up to Seaborne if it worked out financially.

I don't think there is much chance of him hanging around in Scotland to be fair. He's had enough of the rough nature of it and said he wants to try a new country.

Poor Tess, he was always late to the party. Signed for both Killie and St. Mirren (2nd time) after we'd each won the league cup.

I don't think there is much chance of him hanging around in Scotland to be fair. He's had enough of the rough nature of it and said he wants to try a new country.

Poor Tess, he was always late to the party. Signed for both Killie and St. Mirren (2nd time) after we'd each won the league cup.

Is it the rough nature of our football or our country!?

At least he's got other interests.....

http://www.jeroentesselaar.nl

Paisley express today saying Genev is also gone. Talks planned with Thompson, Wylde and Gow.

Teale expected to be gone this week and Reilly will be given the summer like Sadlier to impress for a new deal.

Whilst Wylde hasn't been great in his time here I also think he'd be decent in the Championship so it would be worthwhile giving him another year. Hopefully Thompson is offered a new deal, I think he could still score goals in the Championship so long as a couple of other strikers are brought in and he isn't expected to play every game. I'd like to see him given a coaching role as well, especially if Teale goes.

Other than Sadlier I would be happy to see the rest of the out of contract players leave.

Over 1800 season tickets sold already! Pretty impressive stuff.

Should see some bumper crowds next season.

That's a quite fantastic return considering its only been two weeks. What's our usual uptake? 2500-3000?

Archived