St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

We seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place until GTF day so thought I'd start this up here.

First things first well done to the board for taking the risk on Murray, if it doesn't pay off at least they done the right thing this time.

So comings and goings.

I expect Kello,Tess,Genev,Gow,Wylde,Arquin all to leave and Dayton will return to Oldham(?)

Out of the 3 senior members of our squad I expect Thommo to stay and won't be surprised to see Jim stay. Don't think many Premiership teams will be after the pair of them, certainly in Jim's case.

According to Div GT has a playing contract for next season not a player/coach contract. If thats the case I don't think he can offer us much as a player considering he has hardly kicked a ball in 2 seasons now.

Will McGinn stay? Who is willing to pay the development fee?

With regards to bringing players in we won't have a lot of room to budge on so Murray has to careful not to continue or atrocious signing policy of the last couple of seasons.

I don't even know if they are realistic but I think Fraser Wright and Richard Brittain would be great signings.

Looking forward to next season now that we have the manager situation sorted. Not much traveling to be done, trips to Dumfries & Kirkcaldy, renewing old rivalries and meeting old friends. It is a hellish Division to get out of but the play offs make it a bit more interesting. As usual with Saints I'm sure it will be a roller coaster ride.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope both Thompson and Goodwin stay. I think their experience will be invaluable. Murray will know the league well, so hopefully we can pick up a couple of players who have done a job at this level. Add that to few promising young players, some with two or more SPL seasons under their belts, and we should haveva competitive team.

We need to be aiming for the playoffs I think. I would be pretty hppy with 4th spot.

Stirling are allowed numerous threads in the league two forum yet you aren't allowed one in championship... is it just pick and choose which posters have to follow GTF day rules...

Stirling are allowed numerous threads in the league two forum yet you aren't allowed one in championship... is it just pick and choose which posters have to follow GTF day rules...

Yeah, i think the guy the runs the site is pretty anti St Mirren tbh

Yeah, i think the guy the runs the site is pretty anti St Mirren tbh

Its not div that is blocking the threads though and never mentioned anyone being anti st Mirren did I?

ETA: Div not dec, dec is another site

Forums without overzealous mod in them every day - GTF day not rigidly enforced

Forum with overzealous mod in it every day - GTF day rigidly enforced and every thread that isn't a match thread or huge single club thread merged into huge single club thread

Forums without overzealous mod in them every day - GTF day not rigidly enforced

Forum with overzealous mod in it every day - GTF day rigidly enforced and every thread that isn't a match thread or huge single club thread merged into huge single club thread

there is a mod been on it however as I got a warning post on it...

Agreed. GTF day was supposed to be a bit of fun and a marker for when a team was officially promoted or relgated due to confusion in years gone by. I could understand if the forum was being spammed with St. Mirren/Morton threads, but there was one of each for the entirety of the coming pre-season and season and both were shot swiftly down, which is just petty.

Agreed. GTF day was supposed to be a bit of fun and a marker for when a team was officially promoted or relgated due to confusion in years gone by. I could understand if the forum was being spammed with St. Mirren/Morton threads, but there was one of each for the entirety of the coming pre-season and season and both were shot swiftly down, which is just petty.

Didn't make much sense to me, either.

St Mirren have well and truly 'gone to f**k' now, we should be allowed a Championship thread. If anything, the stupid modding has led to the creating of this thread, which is definitely extraneous.

I for one am pleased to see a St Mirren thread in the premiership forum.

Would any of you fine fellows like to place a charity wager on St Mirren to finish higher than Dundee? I seem to recall a fair few were biting off Dee hands at the start of 14/15 and IMO it's just as likely to happen in 15/16.

Enjoy the championship, it's fun.... At first.

While we're at it, get shot of the two Albion Rovers threads on the League One forum. One of the best things about winning that league was knowing that we wouldn't have to be sharing a division with those mutants.

I for one am pleased to see a St Mirren thread in the premiership forum.

Would any of you fine fellows like to place a charity wager on St Mirren to finish higher than Dundee? I seem to recall a fair few were biting off Dee hands at the start of 14/15 and IMO it's just as likely to happen in 15/16.

Enjoy the championship, it's fun.... At first.

We get it, the St Mirren wum's got you at the start of the season. Chill oot. :rolleyes:

We get it, the St Mirren wum's got you at the start of the season. Chill oot. :rolleyes:

Haha, the St Mirren WUMs stopped swarming all of our threads a long time ago now - to the victor the spoils they say so allow me to enjoy my brief moment of gloating - it could be a lot worse!

I hope both Thompson and Goodwin stay. I think their experience will be invaluable. Murray will know the league well, so hopefully we can pick up a couple of players who have done a job at this level. Add that to few promising young players, some with two or more SPL seasons under their belts, and we should haveva competitive team.

We need to be aiming for the playoffs I think. I would be pretty hppy with 4th spot.

We'll have a better idea how we will get on next season after the play off games.

That being said even if Motherwell go down they'll be favourites along with Hibs to go back up.

Queen of the South and Falkirk will be up there too you'd imagine.

Challenging for a play off spot and a decent cup run will do me ( quarter finals is realistic, or a cup final in the challenge cup :lol: )

It's a battle of wills to see who goes first... Sepp Blatter or St Mirren threads to Fizzy Pop Irn Bru Division 1. It's still called that, right? Been so long since we were in it.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=43710

The latest from Ian Murray:

James Dayton and Emmanuel Sonupe, who were on loan last season, have both gone back to their parent clubs.

Jeroen Tesselaar, Marian Kello, Yoann Arquin, Mark Williams and Mo Yaqub have also left the club.

I’ve also spoken with a couple of the players due to be out of contract soon. Some of them were away on holiday by the time we got sorted so we’ll be trying to talk with them in the next few days. And then I’m away on holiday on Monday for a few days but we’ll get around them all.

We’ve also offered Kieran Sadlier training facilities over the summer to get an assessment on him, so we’re waiting on him getting back to us.

The clearout begins. I would have definitely offered Tesselaar a deal for next season and would have liked Dayton to stay but there you go. None of the others are much of a loss.

Archived