St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

What has the bookies odds got to do with who the board of SMFC deem to be suitable. Rae is just punters speculating he's the 4th different fav in this market so far !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/bawarmy/status/677564669196951552

It would seem the bookies are, after all, correct.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently only a 6 month gig at the moment.

It's not Barry Backpass so that's a plus. Also if he's a disciplinarian then that's a good thing short term.

What I don't get is the chairman going on about experience then appointing a guy who managed for two years, 7 years ago. What a shambles.

Evening Times saying John Sutton loan set up for January...depending on new appointment.

Just heard Clangers bumming up JC on Radio Scotland.

Imagine the Midden will be paying at least half his wages if this was to happen tbh. Hes now arguably fourth, maybe even fifth, choice up front for us. Been pretty hopeless but I'd like us to keep him as our current strikers will dry up eventually and thats when he could prove useful.

In regards to Rae now that you've appointed him - he'll live and breath the job. He did for us (He was occasionally criticised for being a regular guest on Rangers TV mind you).

He bought a flat in Dundee though that he used to stay in with Farrell and they'd spend hours upon hours, well into the early morning pouring over ways to improve the team/tactics.

He might have matured, but if he hasn't - he will make a c**t of the club at least once during his stint. In terms of play, he was the last manager to actually have us playing exciting, attacking football... Until it went all wrong.

Also, in terms of signings he's very hit and miss leaning more towards miss. His best signing other than Rab Douglas was Milan Palenik who was purely signed because Jan Zemlik brought him along as a mate whilst he came in on trial.

Alex 'RFC' Rae :lol:

I wonder if this will stop him appearing on the Radio Clyde SSB Phone-in? :rolleyes:

Funnily enough there was a Thistle player on that the other week talking about being a Celtic fan :P .

Some of our fans just won't get past the RFC thing, I'm willing to get behind the guy,don't think its the right appointment but I thought Ian Murray was the right guy so fck knows how it will play out.

Also, in terms of signings he's very hit and miss leaning more towards miss. His best signing other than Rab Douglas was Milan Palenik who was purely signed because Jan Zemlik brought him along as a mate whilst he came in on trial.

Jan Zemlik you say...I wonder if Binos123Sam is joining Saints with him...

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere other than Div's twitter? Maybe he's trolling everyone.

Div said if Rae isn't the new manager he'll wear a Morton top to the Livi game, pretty bold statement especially if he's at the wind up.

It isn't official, Douglas McNeil - BBC guy who is a Saints fan and it's always very reliable said the club haven't even spoke to anyone or held interviews yet.

Alex Rae goes against everything Gilmour said at the AGM, don't believe paper talk and it'll be an experienced man appointed.

The usual farce but Div has added an interesting twist to proceedings :D.

Archived