FIFA officials arrested.

Have you bothered to read any of the articles or coverage in the online media? The US investigation relates to tournaments in America and South America. A former FIFA Vice-President (Jack Warner) and current Vice-President are among those arrested and are not minor officials. Eduardo Li who was due to join the FIFA Exec Committee on Friday has also been detained. Chuck Blazer, former FIFA Exec member and Head of Concacaf, is the insider who co-operated with the US authorities.

Have you bothered to read any of the articles or coverage in the online media? The US investigation relates to tournaments in North, Central and South America.

A former FIFA Vice-President (Jack Warner) and a current Vice-President are among those arrested. Eduardo Li who was due to join the FIFA Exec Committee on Friday has also been detained.

Jeffrey Webb, Head of Concacaf was arrested too. Chuck Blazer, former FIFA Exec member and Head of Concacaf, is the insider who co-operated with the US authorities. He carried a wire tap in meetings and has already pleaded guilty.

Hardly minor officials from Africa or Asia!

There's no mention of Jack Warner being arrested as far as I can see. I'd have thought he'd stay well clear of Switzerland these days.

There's no mention of Jack Warner being arrested as far as I can see. I'd have thought he'd stay well clear of Switzerland these days.

He's probably keeping clear of anything with doors, windows and locks.

BBC report - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32895048

"Those arrested include:

Jeffrey Webb - head of the confederation for North and Central America and the Caribbean, Concacaf

Jack Warner, former Fifa vice-president"

Edited by Bishop Briggs

BBC live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32895048

"Those arrested include:

Jeffrey Webb - head of the confederation for North and Central America and the Caribbean, Concacaf

Jack Warner, former Fifa vice-president"

I think they've got that wrong, he's been indicted, but I doubt he's in Switzerland. He was testifying in court in Trinidad yesterday, not sure about today.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-05-26/warner-kept-quiet-about-corruption

The Swiss investigation into the World Cup awards to Russia and Qatar will hopefully bring down the rest of the corrupt fraudsters.

"The Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) has opened criminal proceedings against persons unknown on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and of money laundering in connection with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 Football World Cups. In the course of said proceedings, electronic data and documents were seized today at FIFA’s head office in Zurich.

"Today, on Wednesday 27 May 2015, the OAG has seized data and documents stored in IT systems at the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) as part of a so-called “collection of evidence on cooperative basis”. That means that the party in possession of the data – in this case, FIFA – delivers the requested data to law enforcement authorities, or gives assistance in securing the data, thus facilitating an efficient and swift procedure. The collection of relevant bank documents had already been ordered beforehand at various financial institutes in Switzerland. The files seized today and the collected bank documents will serve criminal proceedings both in Switzerland and abroad."

I think they've got that wrong, he's been indicted, but I doubt he's in Switzerland. He was testifying in court in Trinidad yesterday, not sure about today.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-05-26/warner-kept-quiet-about-corruption

Thanks. The BBC is often sloppy in its reporting. The Americans will try to get Warner arrested and extradited too.

What's the extradition rules in Europe, for instance a French citizen in France can't be extradited by the Yanks but a British citizen in Britain can?

Is it only France or other countries that has this law in Europe?

In case of serious crimes, a French person would be tried in France and serve the sentence in France rather than getting deported to USA (provided they are in France at the time)

Edited by FlyerTon

Here's the indictment list from the Grauniad live report.

Jeffrey Webb: Current Fifa vice-president and executive committee member, Concacaf president, Caribbean Football Union (CFU) executive committee member and Cayman Islands Football Association (CIFA) president.

Eduardo Li: Current Fifa executive committee member-elect, Concacaf executive committee member and Costa Rican soccer federation (FEDEFUT) president.

Julio Rocha: Current Fifa development officer. Former Central American Football Union (UNCAF) president and Nicaraguan soccer federation (FENIFUT) president.

Costas Takkas: Current attaché to the Concacaf president. Former CIFA general secretary.

Jack Warner: Former Fifa vice-president and executive committee member, Concacaf president, CFU president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser.

Eugenio Figueredo: Current Fifa vice-president and executive committee member. Former Conmebol president and Uruguayan soccer federation (AUF) president.

Rafael Esquivel: Current Conmebol executive committee member and Venezuelan soccer federation (FVF) president.

José Maria Marin: Current member of the Fifa organising committee for the Olympic football tournaments. Former CBF president.

Nicolás Leoz: Former Fifa executive committee member and Conmebol president.

Edited by Bishop Briggs