The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Greenock Juniors will be relegated.

Yoker will pick up 6 points from the last 2 meaningless games. Greenock finished their fixtures almost a fortnight ago, with Yoker still having 5 games remaining. Something about that doesn't sit right, but i guess thats just the way it goes.

Watched Maybole play quite a few times over the last few years, where they've shown to be a real stuffy team on every occasion. Not one bit surprised by that today and it just shows the difference between a team with something to play for and a team with nothing to play for. Further highlights why we need a proper fixture list, or at least a fixture man with some sort of IQ.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would be delighted to welcome any neutrals to The Celsius Stadium tomorrow to support Glencairn. ;-) Make sure you buy a few pies and a first goal ticket as well. ;-)

Enjoyed the game, if not the pies ( I'd say the pies were mince, but I don't think that would be accurate!)

Two cracking goals scored by Kilwinning amongst their 4. Whilst Rutherglen put in effort they had no quality and barely troubled their visitors. The Kilwinning No 7 looks a good wee player.

Ryan Docherty was the only home player to get pass marks, despite the fact he is cycling to Edinburgh and then running the marathon tomorrow.

Nice day. Decent crowd. Pitch in good nick.

Enjoyed the game, if not the pies ( I'd say the pies were mince, but I don't think that would be accurate!)

Two cracking goals scored by Kilwinning amongst their 4. Whilst Rutherglen put in effort they had no quality and barely troubled their visitors. The Kilwinning No 7 looks a good wee player.

Ryan Docherty was the only home player to get pass marks, despite the fact he is cycling to Edinburgh and then running the marathon tomorrow.

Nice day. Decent crowd. Pitch in good nick.

Our squad was paper thin today, only 3 subs and 2 of them were u21s, and we had used all 3 subs by half time due to fatigue injuries. Two u21s in the starting line-up as well. It's just as well the game wasn't an important one for us.

I heard Ross Stewart of Kilwinning linked with Qp. Any good?

I didn't really rate him when he was at Ardeer but have been impressed with him at Kilwinning. One of their best players this season. Very good at winning the ball in the air and holding it up to bring others into play. Also able to score quite a few as well.

The boy Stewart would be better staying with the buffs than go to Queens Park. Some amount of decent players from the Juniors and Amateurs wasted an unused both this season and in the past!!

Unless he gets a guarantee from Gus, then he's best staying with the buffs in hopefully the Super Premier next season!! Very little difference in standard and more to play for in the juniors!!

We don't need excuses when you lose to a team who are being promoted, it's hardly a scandal. I mentioned during the week that we had four u21 players in our starting line-up when we drew away to Clydebank, but nobody said I was making excuses then. I was only stating facts.

Kilwinning thoroughly deserved their win today, no question.

It was Kilsyth who blew the league open at the top loosing 2 late goals to largs. Nothing for Rutherglen to apologise for.

To be fair, I don't think anybody is asking for an apology from us, we beat Kilwinning last week and drew with Clydebank in midweek with half our team missing, so nobody can accuse us of not playing fair. It's just the usual suspects who surface every time we lose a game, especially one who claims to support a team along the road who have only ever played in this league once, and that was way before we started our seven years (and counting) in the Super Leagues.

If Largs had taken their chances v Winton it would now be over, missed penalty ,1 off line ,open goal miss so don't blame Kilsyth and ref gave buffs game at Kilwinning when Slavin should never have been sent off.Two up at the time and comfortable.

Well done kilwinning Agnew and big stewart were too much of a handful for the glens today, sad blip for kilwinning along with many other teams 3 or 4 games in a week, punishment for success, best football team in their league and I've seen a few, will be a wee bit huffed if cumnock don't slip up, away for the next 18 days. 

Well done kilwinning Agnew and big stewart were too much of a handful for the glens today, sad blip for kilwinning along with many other teams 3 or 4 games in a week, punishment for success, best football team in their league and I've seen a few, will be a wee bit huffed if cumnock don't slip up, away for the next 18 days.

Stewart seemed to have a bit more freedom today, last week he was completely shackled by Andy Neil, but Andy wasn't fit enough to play today. Stewart took his goals well, but Agnew was the main danger man all afternoon for Buffs.

I heard Ross Stewart of Kilwinning linked with Qp. Any good?

The boy Stewart would be better staying with the buffs than go to Queens Park. Some amount of decent players from the Juniors and Amateurs wasted an unused both this season and in the past!!

Unless he gets a guarantee from Gus, then he's best staying with the buffs in hopefully the Super Premier next season!! Very little difference in standard and more to play for in the juniors!!

Have heard, and hope that Ross joins QP. Disagree with KilsythCoyle as there is potentially a ton more exposure playing for QP and at 19 years old or so it's probably now or never time for Ross to get a chance in the senior ranks.

He was an integral player at Ardeer last year and from what I've heard has been one of the best Buffs players since the new year so I really hope he has the opportunity to step up to a higher level.

Well is it 4 or 5 ? What were they? Don't you think clydebank with the support they have and the players they attract should be winning more trophy's and competing for the premier league title rather than the mediocrity that they are now, is there no ambition for the club, as a supporter don't you care about these things? What is The ambitions of the club from your point of view?

So who do you support laughing boy?

Archived