The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Yes I would KR88.

well put yourself forward then. Club is always looking for committee men..sure euzi would confirm that...

And euzi, he made the comment on a player number, not a name. Only Kilsyth fans would know who he was talking about. Criketbaw decided to tell the world.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why Clydebank as opposed to any other team attracts this attack. Is gaining trophies the only thing that should motivate fans? If so, abandon all junior leagues and let's all support Auchinleck as one.

Clydebank does its bit - it attracts the players it can on the budget it has, and those players perform as they can. The club's existence offers people - from Clydebank, or beyond - the chance to support a local club. Clydebank has no "sugar daddy" investor, no social club to generate income, and no ground of its own on which it can save expenditure. Its income is far less than others in junior football. Indeed, many players in the same league can afford to get paid far higher wages by their clubs.

Yet Clydebank keeps going - driven by a strong fanbase and their commitment. No set of players in junior football could be supported as loyally as the Bankies. And by and large Clydebank's relative young history in junior football has given more good times than bad.

If support of sport, and supporting a local team, is based on silverware, and assessing relevance or ambition is based on one or two seasons, then local sport is as doomed as your argument and tone suggests. I have more optimism than that. If Clydebank win trophies no one will celebrate more than me. Until then, we keep going, keep believing, and keep supporting.

Couldn't have put it better

Well said Sir 😃ðŸ‘

You're going to read it anyway so why does it matter what thread it's on??

Actually, I personally don't read the individual club threads unless my team is about to play that side. They are created for internal debate amongst people for that dedicated topic. Just the perfect venue for this stuff.

Have you ever seen criketbaw and another regular poster on here in the same room at the same time?

I havn't.

He seems to know a lot of users and there postings for someone that has just joined the forum....

I simply posted to voice my concerns about a committee member slating a certain player on a public forum. Kilsyth are a huge club I just think a little more class should be shown.

I better not post again on this thread before glensman has a meltdown 😀😀

I simply posted to voice my concerns about a committee member slating a certain player on a public forum. Kilsyth are a huge club I just think a little more class should be shown.

I better not post again on this thread before glensman has a meltdown 😀😀

Mad!

Have you ever seen criketbaw and another regular poster on here in the same room at the same time?

I havn't.

If it's someone using multiple usernames,I'm sure the mods will threaten to out him,as they did in the Dunipace thread.

Is Rutherglen the game to go to tomorrow, if a neutral?

We would be delighted to welcome any neutrals to The Celsius Stadium tomorrow to support Glencairn. ;-) Make sure you buy a few pies and a first goal ticket as well. ;-)

We would be delighted to welcome any neutrals to The Celsius Stadium tomorrow to support Glencairn. ;-) Make sure you buy a few pies and a first goal ticket as well. ;-)

I think me and Colin are speaking again ... Although I'm not sure he quite believes me about what we were selling at the last game at your bit :D #honest

I certainly won't let you down on the pie front.

Greenock Juniors people will be shuffling uncomfortably in their seats tonight after Yoker's 4-0 away win at Maybole. Goal difference is now not an issue, Yoker only now need to win their two remaining home games, against two already relegated teams who are travelling a distance in midweek.

Archived