The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that a pensioner they had in goals.

Think we will do the business tonight but can't see Kilwinning or Cumnock slipping up again.

Things not going our way, two injury time goals from Largs on Saturday and a late winner for Kilwinning the other night.

That being said being pumped 4 nil by Ardrossan who a few weeks later were relegated didn't help.Dropped points against Kilsyth and Blantyre as well.

Andy was good that might. 3 great saves in the first half kept us in front. He was unfortunate with the free kick that got the equaliser as it skidded and bounced high off the 6 yard line. I wasn't there last night but he should have been playing...albeit he was back from his honeymoon...he may have been tired. On goalkeepers, what's happened to Hamilton. He played well for you. I know you've got Tiropolous back for cover for Lumsden.

Of course it suited both teams.

We didn't have the choice to pick and choose what days we wanted games played when we played 10 games in 3 weeks.

Cumnock didn't look like scoring once on saturday and a few days later they have rattled in seven.

Interesting.

At the risk of dragging this subject oan far too lang, there were amateur cup finals at Duncansfield on Monday and tonight.

Duncansfield is hired out 3 times a week end of season for amateur cup semi finals and finals due to the great playing surface we have, that's why it was Tuesday night, so F.T.Y can come up with whatever conspiracy crap he wants, that's the reason, also were you asking if it was us who had a pensioner in goals?? Lol, you need help! And garrelburn, gies a wink of piece, you watch a different game from everyone else every week!

Garrelburn u really don't have a clue, what a ridiculous comment to come out with from a committee member. Pathetic!

I'd personally clear out john ferguson from the committee he should be behind his team instead of slating his own players.

Ferguson must go!

Garrelburn u really don't have a clue, what a ridiculous comment to come out with from a committee member. Pathetic!

I'd personally clear out john ferguson from the committee he should be behind his team instead of slating his own players.

Ferguson must go!

and would you take his place on the committee???

would you lol

I never asked for John to go. If you call for someone's head on the committee, you need to have the guts to step up yourself.

As you know krfc, there is a shit load of work these guys (inc you) put in behind the scenes.

So I take it u agree with some of the drivel that John puts on this?? 'think it's his last game in a Kilsyth shirt'! How does john know that? He doest sign the players or renew their contracts. The guy is an idiot!

So I take it u agree with some of the drivel that John puts on this?? 'think it's his last game in a Kilsyth shirt'! How does john know that? He doest sign the players or renew their contracts. The guy is an idiot!

Not once did I agree. I asked you if you are willing to step up to the plate and take a roll on the committee?

A very pleasing performance from Glencairn tonight, especially as we made five changes from the team who won at Kilwinning and we had four of the under 21 team in the starting line-up, three of them in midfield. We left out Muir, McGuire and Docherty who all won Player of the Year awards last Saturday night, and Duffy was rested as well with our eyes on the cup tie next week. I thought Tony Fraser was outstanding at sweeper.

It was interesting to see a tweet earlier claiming that Kilwinning are now guaranteed a play-off place. They're not yet though, they could lose their last game at Rutherglen on Saturday by ten goals.... :-P

Was impressed with the Glencairn number 6? went off injured after a 50 50 tackle with Phil Barclay.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway but would have been nice to end the season with a win. 

Looks like not to be for us but if we can keep this squad together we will be right up there again next season. Another season in this league will do this young team no harm, only worry is our better players get picked up by someone else.

You were well worth your point tonight Peter. First half Glens were the better team whilst Bankies were better after the break without really looking like getting a winner. Disappointed with tonight's result but can't moan too much from a Bankies perspective - we have had a very good season overall but look like falling a bit short. 😢

You were well worth your point tonight Peter. First half Glens were the better team whilst Bankies were better after the break without really looking like getting a winner. Disappointed with tonight's result but can't moan too much from a Bankies perspective - we have had a very good season overall but look like falling a bit short. 😢

Thanks and yes I agree. Bankies unsurprisingly upped the pace after the interval, but I still expected a bit more from them and I felt they lacked the intensity required of a team who had to win. I never felt at any point that we were "camped in" for any long spell.

Great crowd, by the way. I hope a few of the Bankies fans come along to Rutherglen on Saturday to see if we can get those ten goals.....

Yeah I think that we just didn't apply enough pressure but not through a lack of effort - just one of those nights. Crowd was just over 700 which was great for a midweek game with no guaranteed reward at the end of it.

I must applaud Rutherglen for approaching the match in an exemplary manner. Put a lot into the game and the effort and commitment was what you'd expect if you were one of the other teams looking to finish the season in promotion or play-off positions. Look forward to locking horns again next year pal.

Ferguson must go!

Cricketbaw, as you are a new poster you obviously don't know the convention of posting on here. The true identity of many posters is well known, but you do not post real names nevertheless.

You are a coward, if you have an issue with anything I post on here come up and say it to my face.

I was very angry after the game on tuesday evening, not the only one as you are no doubt aware.

The team just chucked it after the third goal went in, what encouragement was coming from the sidelines? Absolutely none.

The player in question is simply not working hard enough, Yes he has certain skills and has scored a few goals but in junior football you need to put in a bit of effort as well, he simply does not do it. Talk to your supporters and see if they agree with my views or not.

As far as chucking the committee is concerned, I prefer to stay and try to change things from within, shouting from the sidelines is futile.

You question my committment to the club? well here are some facts, Watching and supporting the club since 1951 till the present day. Committee member since 1993, came on when the club was in a much worse position than now, helped out with many ground improvement projects such as re-roofing the pavilion, erecting new boundary fencing, wrote the history of the club and donated profits to the club (running well into four figures) , instumental in locating film lof 1955 cup final and having it made into a DVD (with assistance from others) again all profits donated to club, close to four figures again. Collected club lottery money since its inception twenty years ago, at a conservative estimate, £40,000 ,probably much more.

Thats just for a start, Cricketdawheid, I dare you to come on here and publish you own record of what you have done for the club, otherwise publish a public apology on here and SHUT UP!

Archived