The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Saturday's fixtures :-

Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th) v Cumnock Juniors (13th)

Blantyre Victoria (11th) v Yoker Athletic (4th)

Clydebank (1st) v Bellshill Athletic (9th)

Cumbernauld United (14th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (10th)

Greenock Juniors (6th) v Maybole Juniors (5th)

Kilsyth Rangers (2nd) v Shotts Bon Accord (7th)

Largs Thistle (3rd) v Kilwinning Rangers (8th)

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Draw

Clydebank

Draw

Greenock

Kilsyth

kilwinning

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to cumnock today. The team really make things hard for themselves though. 2-0 up and cruising at half time then fall behind 3-2 however they showed some character and won 4-3 with a late goal from Malone. The cumnock defence is a worry to me though. Only murphy playing well. Positive side is Paul burns playing well and scoring. Him and downs played well together. First 3 points and hopefully the result kick starts their season. ATN

Early signs are promising but we'll all have a better idea of the front runners come the halfway point, where everyone will have played one another just about. Kilsyth and Largs keeping pace with ourselves with a 100% league record, looking forward to playing those sides and seeing what they offer because in my opinion, our toughest game so far from a league rival came from Yoker - unbeaten in the league with 7 points from 9.

All the Bankies can do is keep taking it one game at a time. Our record away to Shotts isn't great but it seems a good time to play them, losing 5-1 today.

I took in the Blantyre v Yoker game today and a goal apiece within the first four minutes set the tempo for what was an entertaining end-to-end first half that saw both teams score again before the interval.

The game resumed at a decent pace and after ten minutes a strike from the Yoker no 7 provided both the goal of the game and also the winner.Which was just as well as I had to leave shortly after.. :P

Quite a few changes in the Vics side since I last saw them and,judging by the number of subs available,it looked like both teams were down to the bare bones for this game.

A really poor performance from Glencairn today, although we were the width of the post away from an equaliser with nine minutes left which might have brought a grandstand finish. Two points out of nine was obviously not what we were hoping for, but we're still only 1 point behind 6th place with 23 games to go, so I don't think we'll panic just yet. ;-)

Good performance from Kilsyth today. Two good goals in the first half. Sticky spell start of the second half, one great clearance off the line at 2-1, then a couple of quick goals killed it off. Great team spirit, working hard on and off the ball. Good start to the season, be a hard game again next week against Kilwinning. As long as we keep working hard, got a chance of doing well.

A really poor performance from Glencairn today, although we were the width of the post away from an equaliser with nine minutes left which might have brought a grandstand finish. Two points out of nine was obviously not what we were hoping for, but we're still only 1 point behind 6th place with 23 games to go, so I don't think we'll panic just yet. ;-)

looks like another season when you don't challenge for promotion then just do enough to stay up

Archived