The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope we can do you a favour on Tuesday, enjoyed having the Largs boys at Kilsyth today

Really looking forward to a warm welcome on Tuesday as we are obviously not in the same league as Largs , who are obviously really nice chaps ...... Now

What happened off the ball for Strain to get sent off? And who was the No15 that came on for buffs? Looks a good wee player!

I'm not sure to be honest as I was watching the ball, but out of the corner of my eye I saw a clash and Batchelor falling to the ground and then lots of shouting. Glencairn's bench were going tonto at Strain, and to his credit he did come over to apologise to the Glens management team before the ref showed the red card.

Monday night's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (5th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Cumbernauld United (10th) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (11th)

Kilwinning Rangers (4th) v Yoker Athletic (12th)

Your thoughts ?

Surely no one will be surprised with latest Chris Strain nonsense. Have to acknowledge Buffs improvement via a big physical side but wheels appear to have come off big time and they could well remain in same division now after looking like favs. Like his father before Strain jnr is a totally obnoxious individual and controversy will follow him where ever he is as he just can't help himself.

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Surely no one will be surprised with latest Chris Strain nonsense. Have to acknowledge Buffs improvement via a big physical side but wheels appear to have come off big time and they could well remain in same division now after looking like favs. Like his father before Strain jnr is a totally obnoxious individual and controversy will follow him where ever he is as he just can't help himself.

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I agree Strain Jnr is a total arrogant obnoxious p****k of a man. Can't see the Buffs going up now. Looks like Cumnock will go up but I predict as runners up to newly promoted Largs.

According to AWR twitter 1st June fixtures are out

Still nothing on the West website this morning either. I'd be surprised if we see anything up before late tomorrow night, as the Central League Cup quarter final (and presumably semi final) draw is being made at the meeting tomorrow night, and I'd expect those games to be played next midweek.

Glencairn's win at Kilwinning on Saturday means that Ardrossan Winton Rovers now need to win both of their remaining matches to avoid relegation, starting with their trip to Cumbernauld United tonight. Prior to Saturday, Ardrossan could have drawn tonight and beaten Yoker in their last match and potentially passed us on goal difference, but that's out of the equation now.

Yoker, however, can maybe afford to lose to Kilwinning tonight, and still win their final three matches (two v Maybole and one v Ardrossan) to finish on 31 points, and they would possibly move above Greenock on goal difference. That would mean they would stay up, as their win over Ardrossan would mean they would finish on 29 points, and Greenock would be relegated.

It's going to be an interesting week.

Really looking forward to a warm welcome on Tuesday as we are obviously not in the same league as Largs , who are obviously really nice chaps ...... Now

you will get a warm welcome on Tuesday the same as every other team that comes to duncansfield, the Largs guys were fine on Saturday, scored 2 injury time goals to seal promotion and celebrated, what's gone on in the past is over, go and put your dummy back in lol

you will get a warm welcome on Tuesday the same as every other team that comes to duncansfield, the Largs guys were fine on Saturday, scored 2 injury time goals to seal promotion and celebrated, what's gone on in the past is over, go and put your dummy back in lol

Well that's me told then!!!!!!. Worse for me is that, at the moment, I have to work on Tuesday and I am unlikely to get to the game

However, the folk I have to see have cancelled on me before due to unexpected shift at work, so here's hoping !!!!!

No. Yoker absolutely have to win tonight. Don't go giving them false hope. Lose tonight and they are down. They really have to win....

Absolutely not the case.

Yoker are on 22 points. If they lose tonight, they obviously stay on 22 points. They then have Maybole (bottom of the league) twice to play, and Ardrossan at home, a very possible 9 points to take them up to 31 points. In that scenario, Ardrossan would have a maximum of 29 points, and Greenock are finished on 31 points. Greenock's goal difference is -5, Yoker's is -9. But if Yoker were to win three games in a row after a not-too-heavy defeat at Kilwinning, then they could easily go above Greenock on goal difference, thus ensuring their safety.

Archived