The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Was a pretty even game, grear strike from Clydebank's striker in the first half but we had a few chances as well. Second half was scrappy but ref got card happy at one point. Not one bad tackle the whole game. We had a couple of chances to equalise but missed out. Clydebank are a good team but if you can nullify both wingers (right hand side is very quick) their pretty ordinary though well organised as Budgie always has his teams.

Not one bad tackle but a forearm smash to the face that totally deserved the red card that was issued

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Behave yourself...forearm smash....if it had indeed been a forearm smash your player would have had a serious injury to his face, which he didn't as I saw him when he came off for 'treatment'. Your captain, as mentioned above, did have a dodgy tackle, according to some people was bad, but I didn't think so. Our second sending off was complete stupidity by our player but was only for two daft fouls, none of them dangerous. Try and remember we're playing football, its a physical game. There was nothing bad, unlike some of the comments about your last game!!! And I hope your player recovers well as he got a bad injury.

Not one bad tackle but a forearm smash to the face that totally deserved the red card that was issued

lol, your telling me to take my glasses off and then u come out with that, "a forearm smash"??the so called victim of this "smash" ' number 10, seemed to recover quite quick after he got his wish which was a red card, ( there's names for players like that),

Think both sets of fans should calm down with there assessment of the ref he was poor for both sides if we had lost am sure our fans would've been moaning at him at ft like the Kilsyth lads where. We didn't get everything otherwise we would've had 2 pens. It was a hard fought junior match. Kilsyth rolled there sleeves up n got us into a battle. There wee number 8 is a smashing player if he can be controlled. Great goal from big bundy

Mon the papers

Think both sets of fans r right with there assessment of the ref he was poor for both sides if we had lost am sure our fans would've been moaning at him at ft like the Kilsyth lads where. We didn't get everything otherwise we would've had 2 pens. It was a hard fought junior match. Kilsyth rolled there sleeves up n got us into a battle. There wee number 8 is a smashing player if he can be controlled. Great goal from big bundy

Mon the papers

Very valuable 3 points for us today at Maybole. Very heavy and uneven park. We looked to be in cruise control at 2-0 but a couple of poor errors by the gk and Lyndsay alowed Maybole to come back even from nowhere with 2 pens.Cumnock then scored a controversial late penalty when the Maybole players seemed to stop in the build up thinking the ball had went out of play. Paul burns scoring on the rebound from the pen. The team are battling hard and look very fit and organised. Big game next week at Clydebank. Glad to leave Maybole with 3 points as lots of teams will drop points there i believe.

Agree entirely, the park is so bad it made the game difficult for the team to play there normal game but we always seemed to be in control until the gk penalty error. To be fair he had a couple of good stops.The 3 points was good to get and keep momentum. Big game next week against Clydebank. 

imo there was hardly a bad tackle in the match either,was a hard junior game played at full tilt,our first red card was deserving because i think doyle led with his elbow an caught the lad,the 2nd one summed up the refs poor performance,there was about a minute to go an he sends someone of for a wee nick at someone ,the game was finished,no common sense at all,bankies no8 fouled all game and eventually got booked,our full back was close to the edge trying to contain the winger,burbridge ? who i thought was the best man on the park and of course was an excellent volley for the goal,thought we deserved a draw though and thought the ref was horrendous for both teams,we should have a stonewall penalty too,think thats how off our supporters had a few choice words for him at the end of the game.

lol, your telling me to take my glasses off and then u come out with that, "a forearm smash"??the so called victim of this "smash" ' number 10, seemed to recover quite quick after he got his wish which was a red card, ( there's names for players like that),

You don't half talk some nonsense - have all the opticians in Kilsyth closed down? The guy caught Nicky Little in the face and was deservedly red carded - don't think it was intentional but it was a red card. To say he got his wish is ridiculous . Kilsyth played some good stuff in the first half hour and looked a decent side. In the second half they started to play more directly - no problem with that - think we dealt with it pretty well . There wasn't a lot of great football from either team second half and we did just enough to get the points. These are the type of results that can define a teams season and we managed to grind it out yesterday. Not sure out of our promotion rivals who still has to go to Kilsyth but they won't find it easy that's for sure - impressed with their No8 Kelly? Thought he had a good game

You don't half talk some nonsense - have all the opticians in Kilsyth closed down? The guy caught Nicky Little in the face and was deservedly red carded - don't think it was intentional but it was a red card. To say he got his wish is ridiculous . Kilsyth played some good stuff in the first half hour and looked a decent side. In the second half they started to play more directly - no problem with that - think we dealt with it pretty well . There wasn't a lot of great football from either team second half and we did just enough to get the points. These are the type of results that can define a teams season and we managed to grind it out yesterday. Not sure out of our promotion rivals who still has to go to Kilsyth but they won't find it easy that's for sure - impressed with their No8 Kelly? Thought he had a good game

ok m8, u may be right about the red but in no way intentional, frustration may have got the better of me last night when posting but mostly directed at the ref who I still maintain had a stinker, we did play well second half and maybe deserved a point, and it was a great strike that in the end won the game

Watched the highlights of the KR v Clydebank game, what a goal to win it. Is that his usual level of finishing or was that a one off?

From the camera angle it was hard to tell if it was a deliberate elbow or just contact made when jumping for the ball.

Just watched the highiggts myself and that was never a 'forearm smash' as per several Bankies comments. I think superpollok's comments are correct in respect of both challenging for the ball and there's been contact. Definitely not deliberate. It was a good strike for the winner. Keeper no chance, especially the camera from behind the goal

Naw but Ill bet u ur wee chirpy pants!!!U wullny b off this aw week cos yer teem goat a good win lolz

I don't think you can accuse me of hiding after bad results. It's RRG that does that, I'm on here win, lose or draw.

Archived