The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to expect for Blantyre Victoria v Rutherglen Glencairn.

The Vics are playing their first ever match at Super League level, so they will certainly be up for the occasion. I remember how up for the game we were on our first ever Super League match 7 years ago, so they will be dangerous.

I don't think last weekend's meeting of the sides will have any bearing on the match, as both teams were missing players last Saturday, so it'll be different line-ups on both sides.

Hopefully we can carry the momentum of three consecutive wins into the match and carry it on. Time will tell.

Glencairn will be more than good enough to take the 3 points on offer, Blantyre are a battling side but Glencairn are a better passing side, and I fancy Batchy to continue his scoring run on sat, and hopefully Zok will chip in too with a goal

I hope you're correct, but I'm taking nothing for granted. They made things difficult for us at our place last weekend, so you would expect them to be better at home and the occasion will raise their game further.

I hope you're correct, but I'm taking nothing for granted. They made things difficult for us at our place last weekend, so you would expect them to be better at home and the occasion will raise their game further.

Banker home win. ;)

:P

I had doubts Maybole going to Cumbernauld and getting any points but after going to Auchinleck and winning they must have a bit of confidence going into this match. Would still take a point though.

Greenock will give Cunnock a good test tomorrow. Teams rarely find it easy coming to Ravenscraig and i'm sure that will continue. Having said that i still feel Greenock are getting into their stride at this early stage of the season and it will be a big ask to get any points tomorrow. Hopeful though.

...Teams rarely find it easy coming to Ravenscraig and i'm sure that will continue...

I've always had that impression as well, however Greenock only won 3 home league games last season, and lost 8.

Unfortunately, one of the 3 you won was against my team, although I'll never ever work out how we didn't win that match. :blink:

U were rubbish?

Well, yes. We lost the game 4-3, two of Greenock's goals were hotly disputed penalties, one was a gift from our goalkeeper, and the other was a breakaway as we pushed for an equaliser. We missed chances galore and the Greenock goalie had a superb game. The Greenock committee guys I was beside during the second half were laughing as they couldn't believe they were winning the game. But that's football...

Archived