The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Yoker stopped Clydebank from enjoying a lot of freedom on the ball - they're very quick to close you down, to the point where they will be happy to concede a foul if need be. Yoker's one big chance before scoring was from the corner in the second half off the post, whereas we wasted a host of chances to score - several first-half corners finding Bankies players, but failing to test the keeper, and the biggest chance of all in the second half from a flighted free-kick into the box, knocked back across the face of goal and knee'd over the bar from our striker. We had a lot of chances to score, only took one of them (was well-taken right enough with a nice strike from the free-kick), but Yoker are a dangerous side and I had a feeling one goal wouldn't be enough. 89th minute equalisers, they're painful but it's a harsh lesson for a lot of the young players in that squad. We need to be more clinical in front of goal, or we will be made to pay.

For Yoker, and I had Whe Ho fans next to me in second half who agreed with me, their big let-down was what they did with the ball going forward. Their equaliser was a nice passing move, but for the previous 88 minutes they went long, and kept gifting the ball back to Clydebank. They were so wasteful with possession, especially that final ball, but defended quite well and stopped us from really finding our rhythm.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Clydebank fan was on another thread saying that yoked scored a deserved equaliser! Funny how the same set of fans can see a totally different game but I suppose that's football for you it's all about opinions.

That was me!

Thought Bankies should have been home and hosed after HT but we missed several cracking chances with Joel Kasabundi the main culprit. Last 20 mins Yoker came right back into it and me ( and several fellow Bankies fans in my company ) saw the equaliser coming!

Thought that it was a pretty grim game overall but Bankies midfield duo of Johnny Allan and Phil Barclay were excellent . Was also very impressed with Yokers no9 who had a smashing game.

A break from league duty next week, but Bankies will be playing league rivals Rutherglen, before we face a trip to the seaside to play Largs the following week. I'm very interested in Rutherglen's opinions on both Largs and, after they play us, the Bankies, as it should be a cracking league match and they'll be well-placed to give an opinion on who may have the edge considering it'd have been their last two opponents.

A break from league duty next week, but Bankies will be playing league rivals Rutherglen, before we face a trip to the seaside to play Largs the following week. I'm very interested in Rutherglen's opinions on both Largs and, after they play us, the Bankies, as it should be a cracking league match and they'll be well-placed to give an opinion on who may have the edge considering it'd have been their last two opponents.

I'll tell you after next Saturday's game.

Awright wee barra wits yer thoughts oan yer team? Wid ye punt the manager or is it playerz tht ur lettin yeez doon?

Sorry, just seen this.

To be honest, we've only lost two league matches out of five, although our performances in those two matches were awful. The other three matches we have drawn, and in my opinion we should have won all three, but we didn't take our chances to kill the opposition off. On the balance of play, we should have 9 points in my opinion, but we only actually have 3, so we have to deal with that, roll up our sleeves and start being more ruthless, starting with our next league game away to Maybole a week on Saturday.

Archived