The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilwinning v Kilsyth - Interesting one this one, Kilwinning won their last home league game convincingly, but lost their two away league games, so perhaps they are a bit unpredictable, although to be fair I haven't seen them play for a couple of years. Kilsyth have started really well in total contrast to last season, so they will go down there with confidence and momentum. The battle of the two Kil.... Rangers (no predictable jokes please :shutup) could end in stalemate.

Bellshill v Blantyre - Similarly to Kilwinning, Bellshill have won their one home game but lost both of their away games, so home advantage could prove crucial in this one. Blantyre haven't started well, with only their goalkeeper to thank for a point in the opening game, but they will be looking at this one as an opportunity to get going.

Shotts v Clydebank - Two relegated sides from the Premier last season, and again Shotts have won their one home game but lost their two away, there's a bit of a pattern emerging here. 8) Clydebank look to have a lot of momentum already and look tight defensively as well, only one goal conceded in three games. I fancy them to continue that momentum.

Glencairn v Greenock - The pattern continues with Greenock having won their two home games (both impressively it has to be said) but losing their one away game, so I'm obviously hoping that trend continues. We need to improve on last week's performance as it was simply awful, but I'm hopeful that it was a one-off as we had played well in the two draws before it but just not killed off the opposition. Our back line will need to be on form again as Greenock can score goals as their two 4-0 home wins prove, but we have only lost one goal from open play in the league so far so it'll be an interesting contest.

Yoker v Cumbernauld - I'll be watching the result of this one with interest, as it's the two teams we have just played. I felt we should have beaten Yoker on the balance of play, but Cumbernauld were worthy winners last Saturday. Yoker are unbeaten, however, and are at home, and Cumbernauld are returning to the scene of the thumping they got from Clydebank only a fortnight ago, so it'll be interesting to see if they can build on last week's win.

Kilwinning v Kilsyth - Interesting one this one, Kilwinning won their last home league game convincingly, but lost their two away league games, so perhaps they are a bit unpredictable, although to be fair I haven't seen them play for a couple of years. Kilsyth have started really well in total contrast to last season, so they will go down there with confidence and momentum. The battle of the two Kil.... Rangers (no predictable jokes please :shutup) could end in stalemate.

Bellshill v Blantyre - Similarly to Kilwinning, Bellshill have won their one home game but lost both of their away games, so home advantage could prove crucial in this one. Blantyre haven't started well, with only their goalkeeper to thank for a point in the opening game, but they will be looking at this one as an opportunity to get going.

Shotts v Clydebank - Two relegated sides from the Premier last season, and again Shotts have won their one home game but lost their two away, there's a bit of a pattern emerging here. 8)Clydebank look to have a lot of momentum already and look tight defensively as well, only one goal conceded in three games. I fancy them to continue that momentum.

Glencairn v Greenock - The pattern continues with Greenock having won their two home games (both impressively it has to be said) but losing their one away game, so I'm obviously hoping that trend continues. We need to improve on last week's performance as it was simply awful, but I'm hopeful that it was a one-off as we had played well in the two draws before it but just not killed off the opposition. Our back line will need to be on form again as Greenock can score goals as their two 4-0 home wins prove, but we have only lost one goal from open play in the league so far so it'll be an interesting contest.

Yoker v Cumbernauld - I'll be watching the result of this one with interest, as it's the two teams we have just played. I felt we should have beaten Yoker on the balance of play, but Cumbernauld were worthy winners last Saturday. Yoker are unbeaten, however, and are at home, and Cumbernauld are returning to the scene of the thumping they got from Clydebank only a fortnight ago, so it'll be interesting to see if they can build on last week's win.

tumblr_mdueizRj7k1rtr3kno1_500.jpg

:)

Everyone's thoughts of Kilwinning and the winton? Have they been unlucky? I saw the highlights of the winton v Cumnock game and it look decent. I rate the buffs quite highly and imagine they will get a good level of consistency once they get going. The Winton squads looks a little thin

Well done to Cumbernauld, a great result today.

Fair play to them. Thought they were in big trouble from what I saw but pretty decent.

Great win for clydebank at a ground we have struggled at in recent times. Great run of form just now for clydebank and really hope it continues

A strange old day for us, we felt disappointed at the end and then realised we'd moved up four places in the league table !

That's three draws and a defeat out of four games for us. We should really have won the three drawn games, but we didn't so we have to deal with that.

Six teams all on three points in the bottom half of the table, the league appears to be as tight as ever.

Well done Kilsyth yesterday, another 3 points to keep up the 100% start, glad that game is out the way because not many teams will go to Kilwinning this season and come away with the points. We were talking about Nicky prentice and his goal last week, his strike for the winning goal yesterday was even better, well done lads!

Having been critical of the officials in our three matches prior to yesterday, I have to say that I thought Calum Haswell, Nathan McMullan and Andrew Weir handled our game v Greenock really well yesterday. Little fuss, no attention seeking, and I'm struggling to think of a decision in the game that I disagreed with.

Having been critical of the officials in our three matches prior to yesterday, I have to say that I thought Calum Haswell, Nathan McMullan and Andrew Weir handled our game v Greenock really well yesterday. Little fuss, no attention seeking, and I'm struggling to think of a decision in the game that I disagreed with.

Congrats on his first good game.

Was awful in Troon v Ladeside the other week

Have to agree with you, the ref actually gave you the reason for a decision if you disagreed with him and conducted himself throughout the game, even popped for a refereshment and spoke to some boys after game while he did state that 1 of the linesman is just starting up to give him a little slack during the game :)

Since the shortage of linesman or women ill give him his dues

overall, especially after 3 sending offs the week prior to our game he handled it very well

Well done to Cumbernauld, a great result today.

Game is easy when it's 12 (yes 12) v 9. Yoker cruising at 2-0 until a terrible decision to award a pen and an ordering off followed by even worse ordering off for a good old-fashioned 50/50. Ref totally spoiled the game.

Game is easy when it's 12 (yes 12) v 9. Yoker cruising at 2-0 until a terrible decision to award a pen and an ordering off followed by even worse ordering off for a good old-fashioned 50/50. Ref totally spoiled the game.

I wondered what had happened, as you seemed comfortable on a 2-0 lead at half time.

Archived