The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Greenock could be in a spot of bother now. After a decent start to the season things have slowed down a bit. Already feel it is a massive game next week against Bellshill.

Yesterday could have been so different but Largs in the end probably deserved the points. Slavin has done a terrific job at Barrfields.

Hopefully 3 points and back to winning ways next week.

That old saying of a game of to halves springs to mind! First half Greenock missed a pen and had a number of other chances one of which looked like it may have crossed the line,however was not given. Largs had a couple of chances they also failed to convert! Second half it was like a different Largs team on the park and they dominated taking the lead through a pen from Sean Pierce, James Marks got the 2nd and could have had a nother one before being taken off to a round of applause from the Largs support. Greenock continued to press however IMO it was one of those days for them!

lmo so far from what I have seen this is going to be a tough, tough season any team in the league being capable of beating each other , there will be no easy games!

If i was a largs fan i would be looking for four more wins which would guarantee safety and then its about looking to see how far they can go, in previous season kello for example started excellently and still managed to get relegated.

If i was a largs fan i would be looking for four more wins which would guarantee safety and then its about looking to see how far they can go, in previous season kello for example started excellently and still managed to get relegated.

I know where you're coming from, but the reality is that Largs will not be relegated, and they must be regarded as title favourites at this stage. I remember Tony McInally being laughed at this time last season when Pollok were doing something similar and he said he was happy to have avoided relegation. While this is a cut-throat league, any team who have accrued 22 points before the end of November will have to have a collapse of catastrophical proportions to even be close to the relegation issue.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (8th) v Cumbernauld United (4th)

Cumnock Juniors (5th) v Shotts Bon Accord (11th)

Greenock Juniors (10th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Kilsyth Rangers (3rd) v Largs Thistle (1st)

Rutherglen Glencairn (9th) v Clydebank (2nd)

Yoker Athletic (6th) v Maybole Juniors (14th)

Your thoughts ?

Your thoughts ?

You have won a couple of games and suddenly the fixture ? is up on a monday. Same result as the west- a win for the bankies

You have won a couple of games and suddenly the fixture ? is up on a monday. Same result as the west- a win for the bankies

The fixtures were up the last two Mondays as well.

Are the other five games postponed, or is your obsession really that obvious ?

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Cumnock

Bellshill

Largs

Draw

Yoker

Your thoughts ?

All really interesting matches here.

Cumnock v Shotts is a cracker. The home team seem to be grinding results out without setting the heather on fire but I think they'll sneak this one.

Kilsyth will just edge Largs due to home advantage and Clydebank will be too strong for Glencairn.

What's the weather like?

Archived