The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, just seen this.

To be honest, we've only lost two league matches out of five, although our performances in those two matches were awful. The other three matches we have drawn, and in my opinion we should have won all three, but we didn't take our chances to kill the opposition off. On the balance of play, we should have 9 points in my opinion, but we only actually have 3, so we have to deal with that, roll up our sleeves and start being more ruthless, starting with our next league game away to Maybole a week on Saturday.

So the strikers brought in are not as good as the ones that left? Or is there another reason. Never had a problem scoring last season. Why is it u think they are struggling? McLaughlin is a proven class player. Zok has scored goals everywhere. Tait and Cullen both proven at lower league as scoring goals. Has it been a case of unlucky, or too much chopping and changing? I like glencairn as a club always been exciting the last few years but seem to be struggling big time.

So the strikers brought in are not as good as the ones that left? Or is there another reason. Never had a problem scoring last season. Why is it u think they are struggling? McLaughlin is a proven class player. Zok has scored goals everywhere. Tait and Cullen both proven at lower league as scoring goals. Has it been a case of unlucky, or too much chopping and changing? I like glencairn as a club always been exciting the last few years but seem to be struggling big time.

We havent got any natural wingers in the team which makes us struggle big time

Surely the club can attract some from lower league teams? Who has been the wide men? And who has been playing up top? Or is the squad still huge and can't bring players in till players go, as the club always has a very big squad of players.

...Or is the squad still huge and can't bring players in till players go, as the club always has a very big squad of players.

That's a bit of a myth, to be honest. Our squad is currently 20 players when fully available, which is not unusually big, and it's not been any bigger than that in my memory in recent years.

End of the day ruggie are the only team without a win in the league, regardless whether they should've won games but didn't. Other teams around them have games in hand, fair enough it's early doors but u don't want to start drifting away at the bottom this early!

End of the day ruggie are the only team without a win in the league, regardless whether they should've won games but didn't. Other teams around them have games in hand, fair enough it's early doors but u don't want to start drifting away at the bottom this early!

You're spot on, "should" have won the game is no use when you actually haven't. We recognise that we'll get no sympathy from fans of other clubs in that regard.

At the end of the day, we're only 1 point behind 8th place, so we're not exactly "drifting away". :)

Mcguire on right and Fraser on left 2 of our better players wasted in recent games as for forwards it has been mclaughlin and tait most games but on saturday cullen started ahead of mclaughlin

Centre mid and left back playing on the wing? What happened to the wingers. Is zok injured again? I expect McLaughlin to start firing soon he's a class player.

Centre mid and left back playing on the wing? What happened to the wingers. Is zok injured again? I expect McLaughlin to start firing soon he's a class player.

Irvine and Donaghy left to join Cumbernauld and Cambuslang respectively.

Zok isn't injured, he just hasn't been selected. I hope you're right about McLaughlin, we know what he's capable of.

Irvine and Donaghy left to join Cumbernauld and Cambuslang respectively.

Zok isn't injured, he just hasn't been selected. I hope you're right about McLaughlin, we know what he's capable of.

Must be more to it than not been selected, goalscorer and struggling to take chances? Although I did tell u he was finished a couple of seasons ago when u signed him. How have the team been doing in general? Struggling or just unlucky

Must be more to it than not been selected, goalscorer and struggling to take chances? Although I did tell u he was finished a couple of seasons ago when u signed him. How have the team been doing in general? Struggling or just unlucky

I wouldn't say "unlucky". We have played well in some games and very poor in others. The league games where we have played well we haven't killed teams off and ended up drawing. The league games we have lost (2 games) we have played very poorly in. You make your own luck in this game.

Archived