The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Greenock Juniors people will be shuffling uncomfortably in their seats tonight after Yoker's 4-0 away win at Maybole. Goal difference is now not an issue, Yoker only now need to win their two remaining home games, against two already relegated teams who are travelling a distance in midweek.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boy Stewart would be better staying with the buffs than go to Queens Park. Some amount of decent players from the Juniors and Amateurs wasted an unused both this season and in the past!!

Unless he gets a guarantee from Gus, then he's best staying with the buffs in hopefully the Super Premier next season!! Very little difference in standard and more to play for in the juniors!!

Totally agree.Plus the fact,the boy's only 19 turning 20!

Well done kilwinning Agnew and big stewart were too much of a handful for the glens today, sad blip for kilwinning along with many other teams 3 or 4 games in a week, punishment for success, best football team in their league and I've seen a few, will be a wee bit huffed if cumnock don't slip up, away for the next 18 days.

Aw diddums, the big boys are not as good as us but they ganged up on us

Suck it up ya daftie , if " the best football team in their league" hadn't thrown away stupid points at key times, then this discussion wouldn't be happening

The league last 26 games not last 2 or 3

We would be delighted to welcome any neutrals to The Celsius Stadium tomorrow to support Glencairn. ;-) Make sure you buy a few pies and a first goal ticket as well. ;-)

Had the worst pies I've ever tasted today,at Rutherglen! Sorry guys,they were really bad.....& I've been sh*tting through the eye of a needle all evening :-(

Had the worst pies I've ever tasted today,at Rutherglen! Sorry guys,they were really bad.....& I've been sh*tting through the eye of a needle all evening :-(

Oops, sorry, our soup is the best in the West Region though, bar none. ;-)

Aw diddums, the big boys are not as good as us but they ganged up on us

Suck it up ya daftie , if " the best football team in their league" hadn't thrown away stupid points at key times, then this discussion wouldn't be happening

The league last 26 games not last 2 or 3

I was going to my bed but what sauce r u on , talking about 6 or 7 teams including urs that had 3 or 4 games a week , van gaal said 3 games in 6 days was ridiculous for HIS team, watched ur lot  and a few other contenders and by the way cumnock wouldn't be classed as big boys  they are work in progress, thought the Bankies were a wee bit unlucky this season and worth a watch,,looking at ur team I know where I will spend my £3 goodnight!

Peter mind you says about girvan challenging and I disagreed with you? Just seen how man goals they had scored and it was 78 or close to that. Kilwinning and winton scored over 100 and both of them got beat in the super first. Girvan won't be challenging mate.

Time will tell, but Kilwinning look like they're going up again to me.

Not surprising and I feel some sympathy with Greenock's situation given how the fixture list seemed to favour Yoker. Apart from the obvious pressure which Yoker will be under to win these last two games it's also worth pointing out that they have been well looked after by the match secretary along the way. It's not very often that you get the opportunity to play the already relagated bottom club not once but twice in your last three fixtures, surely one of these fixtures could have been organised for a Saturday during April? not surprising that Yoker will be suitably fit and raring to go on Mon and Wed again as when you look at the fixture list that Greenock were asked to play. Starting on Wed 20th April both teams had 10 league matches to play. As of Wed 18th May Greenock had played their 10 League games plus 2 Cup matches ie 12 games in 29 days and became the first club to complete their League fixtures ahead of teams who still had 3 and 4 games to play. During the same period Yoker were scheduled and played 6 League games plus 1 abandoned match plus 1 cup game ie 8 games in 29 days. There maybe other reasons why Greenock were dealt such a heavy schedule and didn't appear to get a rest at all in this 4 week period whilst Yoker have had several reasonable and suitable rest periods during the last 5 weeks.

Not surprising and I feel some sympathy with Greenock's situation given how the fixture list seemed to favour Yoker. Apart from the obvious pressure which Yoker will be under to win these last two games it's also worth pointing out that they have been well looked after by the match secretary along the way. It's not very often that you get the opportunity to play the already relagated bottom club not once but twice in your last three fixtures, surely one of these fixtures could have been organised for a Saturday during April? not surprising that Yoker will be suitably fit and raring to go on Mon and Wed again as when you look at the fixture list that Greenock were asked to play. Starting on Wed 20th April both teams had 10 league matches to play. As of Wed 18th May Greenock had played their 10 League games plus 2 Cup matches ie 12 games in 29 days and became the first club to complete their League fixtures ahead of teams who still had 3 and 4 games to play. During the same period Yoker were scheduled and played 6 League games plus 1 abandoned match plus 1 cup game ie 8 games in 29 days. There maybe other reasons why Greenock were dealt such a heavy schedule and didn't appear to get a rest at all in this 4 week period whilst Yoker have had several reasonable and suitable rest periods during the last 5 weeks.

Amen.

Fixtures are a farce which all of us on here are all too aware.

However, it is a 26 game season and we had the opportunity to win games which would've made us safe. So the failure is with Greenock, not the fixture man, although

12 games in 29 days at such a high intensity caused several injuries and fatigue which almost certainly played a part.

Amen.

Fixtures are a farce which all of us on here are all too aware.

However, it is a 26 game season and we had the opportunity to win games which would've made us safe. So the failure is with Greenock, not the fixture man, although

12 games in 29 days at such a high intensity caused several injuries and fatigue which almost certainly played a part.

Agreed It's true that the season is determined over 26 matches and I'm sure Greenock will have had several opportunities to win or gain several more points in games along the way.

Just had a wee peek at all the other teams run ins and apart from Clydebank, Cumnock and Kilwinning all the other teams appear to have been given much easier fixture lists to deal with over a longer time compared to the intensity that Greenock were forced to play so assume most other teams players would have been less fatigued for key matches especially in Yoker's case. Doesn't seem like a level playing field at all.

Greenock unfortunately appear to have had a real raw deal for sure compared to other teams so not much fairness for them in a league that is totally cut throat and uncompromising.

Perhaps Greenock being out of Ravenscraig was a factor, perhaps Fixtures Man felt he needed to fit in Greenock's fixtures when McKenna Park was available ? Speculating, to be fair.

We were back in Ravenscraig with 5 games still to be played so that's not a factor for me.

I wouldn't say it's a horrible venue. A newly revamped stadium with a good stand with a bar, decent pitch, good transport links and a large car park. Perhaps what you don't like is the distance from park to stand or if you're chasing a game running to get a ball that's gone a wee bit away.

What you said Bobby re Yoker to play maybole twice in last three games is inexcusable. It's equivalent to a really close title run in and one team has to play last two games against a relegated side, who are bottom and the other having to play teams vying for championships. It certainly is not equal.

We were back in Ravenscraig with 5 games still to be played so that's not a factor for me.

I wouldn't say it's a horrible venue. A newly revamped stadium with a good stand with a bar, decent pitch, good transport links and a large car park. Perhaps what you don't like is the distance from park to stand or if you're chasing a game running to get a ball that's gone a wee bit away.

correct, just doesn't have the feel of a junior ground but it is murder to get to

Must be delusional pal.

There's a train station 10 mins from the park, it's directly beside a main road and umpteen buses run from ardrossan and Glasgow.

As Lang said very easy to get to by car.

What is a junior feel to parks now though? So many 'junior' grounds have been lost to 3/4G community hubs.

Archived