The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Yeah I think that we just didn't apply enough pressure but not through a lack of effort - just one of those nights. Crowd was just over 700 which was great for a midweek game with no guaranteed reward at the end of it.

I must applaud Rutherglen for approaching the match in an exemplary manner. Put a lot into the game and the effort and commitment was what you'd expect if you were one of the other teams looking to finish the season in promotion or play-off positions. Look forward to locking horns again next year pal.

I must admit that was particularly pleasing, as I wondered what our approach would be when I saw the team selection with four of our big hitters on the bench and four under 21s in the starting team, three of them in the midfield engine room. But we have a wee bit of momentum going at the moment, and hopefully we can carry that through into the cup games we have coming up, and also carry it on into the start of next season, as we are notoriously slow starters to the season and good finishers.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think there's any need to personaly slate anyone on here, I don't agree with many things John says, but his heart is in the right place and he's always helped out on the committee and supporterd the team, home and away, however as part of the committee u can obviously along with the members decide if hoggy an Kev will b in charge next year, but if there still in charge I don't think u can tell them who to keep and who to let go, that's up to them, but I can understand his anger after a 7-1 hammering, emotions run high after scores like that, but as others have said, I've been on the committee before an it's not easy, so if your gonna slag the man off, go to the agm,if you're a member? Get on to the committee an help out cricketbaw, or as you're monicker suggests stick to cricket!!! ðŸ˜

Watching that bankies game last night you couldn't tell they were needing a win to get promoted, where does that come from? From a win like that on Saturday away to cumnock to a hapless 'let's just hope get over the line ' feel about it on last nights game, do bankies fans honestly believe with the group of players they had they shouldn't have at least been 3rd? I would be looking at motivation and preparation of The game for last night, and not just 'och it was a good run but unlucky' loser mentality

Ok ferguson, yes you've done alot for the club, but try have a think before opening your mouth and farting. You will receive no apology from me...I'm simply stating you shouldn't be posting slating players as a committee member. Are you going to give paul mcbride a public apology for slating him?

Watching that bankies game last night you couldn't tell they were needing a win to get promoted, where does that come from?

Erm,  we were not needing a win to get promoted. It is out of our hands.

The team was pretty much assembled last summer, with not the biggest squad and injuries to key players, O'neil and Allan definite starters. Danny Mckinnon has been injured for a while aswell. Added in the usual end of season fixture shambles i think the players can be very proud of their finishing position.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Maybole Juniors (14th) v Yoker Athletic (13th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Kilwinning Rangers (2nd)

Shotts Bon Accord (9th) v Cumnock Juniors (4th)

Your thoughts ?

Erm, we were not needing a win to get promoted. It is out of our hands.

The team was pretty much assembled last summer, with not the biggest squad and injuries to key players, O'neil and Allan definite starters. Danny Mckinnon has been injured for a while aswell. Added in the usual end of season fixture shambles i think the players can be very proud of their finishing position.

How many trophies have clydebank won since they have been junior?

4 or 5 i think.

What's your point here.

Well is it 4 or 5 ? What were they? Don't you think clydebank with the support they have and the players they attract should be winning more trophy's and competing for the premier league title rather than the mediocrity that they are now, is there no ambition for the club, as a supporter don't you care about these things? What is The ambitions of the club from your point of view?

Are you guys aware that there is a Kilsyth Rangers thread that you can put this stuff on ?

The topic arose on this thread and that is the one I responded on. I have made my point and the matter is now closed, but I will continue it outside of this forum.

Well is it 4 or 5 ? What were they? Don't you think clydebank with the support they have and the players they attract should be winning more trophy's and competing for the premier league title rather than the mediocrity that they are now, is there no ambition for the club, as a supporter don't you care about these things? What is The ambitions of the club from your point of view?

Not sure why Clydebank as opposed to any other team attracts this attack. Is gaining trophies the only thing that should motivate fans? If so, abandon all junior leagues and let's all support Auchinleck as one.

Clydebank does its bit - it attracts the players it can on the budget it has, and those players perform as they can. The club's existence offers people - from Clydebank, or beyond - the chance to support a local club. Clydebank has no "sugar daddy" investor, no social club to generate income, and no ground of its own on which it can save expenditure. Its income is far less than others in junior football. Indeed, many players in the same league can afford to get paid far higher wages by their clubs.

Yet Clydebank keeps going - driven by a strong fanbase and their commitment. No set of players in junior football could be supported as loyally as the Bankies. And by and large Clydebank's relative young history in junior football has given more good times than bad.

If support of sport, and supporting a local team, is based on silverware, and assessing relevance or ambition is based on one or two seasons, then local sport is as doomed as your argument and tone suggests. I have more optimism than that. If Clydebank win trophies no one will celebrate more than me. Until then, we keep going, keep believing, and keep supporting.

Don't know where this thread kinda went of course and turned into the Kilsyth and Clydebank haters thread

Kilsyth , apparently, didn't play well against Cumnock...... Why ???? It can be many reasons, players had started into holiday mode ....... Cumnock were brilliant ...... Kilsyth had no great motivation whereas Cumnock had .......Cumnock had players available on Tuesday that weren't available on Saturday etc etc etc..... Possibly all of above were reasons

It happened get over it

On to Clydebank..... Always have a reasonable level of support , home and away

They have had problems with injuries etc ( whether that should have been a bigger factor than it was on Saturday, I'm not sure)

They have played well most of the season and can possibly count themselves unlucky they didn't finish top of the league

It appears that they do unfortunately have a few supporters who like to do a lot of fishing on here and like having a pop at other clubs and/or posters on here, which probably explains why folk are quick to jump on them when things are said

I've always found the Bankies fans to be noisy but in the main , good humoured even when folk like me ask them if they are staging the homeless World Cup etc !!!!!!!

It's just the junior scene banter and wind ups

Which is hopefully an apology to paul mcbride Mr ferguson.

Sorry to keep this going but when did garrellburn mention Paul mcbride?

Also are you going to join the committee? Still not answered me!!

Sorry to keep this going but when did garrellburn mention Paul mcbride?

Also are you going to join the committee? Still not answered me!!

He singled out no9 which on Tuesday night was Paul Mcbride.

Archived