The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it suited both teams.

We didn't have the choice to pick and choose what days we wanted games played when we played 10 games in 3 weeks.

Cumnock didn't look like scoring once on saturday and a few days later they have rattled in seven.

Interesting.

A total disgrace tonight, we made a decent team, no more, look like world beaters.

A few players who looked totally disinterested, no leadership from the side of the park. An acceptance of the situation from others.

Big changes needed at the club, and soon.

As poor a display as I have seen in sixty five years of watching the team.

I'll say no more.

A total disgrace tonight, we made a decent team, no more, look like world beaters.

A few players who looked totally disinterested, no leadership from the side of the park. An acceptance of the situation from others.

Big changes needed at the club, and soon.

As poor a display as I have seen in sixty five years of watching the team.

I'll say no more.

Was very surprised myself by that score garrellburn - The games between Bankies and Kilsyth this season have all been tight affairs and I honestly didn't think Cumnock would run up a score like that against a team who were defensively excellent the three times we played you this season.

Was very surprised myself by that score garrellburn - The games between Bankies and Kilsyth this season have all been tight affairs and I honestly didn't think Cumnock would run up a score like that against a team who were defensively excellent the three times we played you this season.

you could say the same about a few teams results this year, 1 week getting gubbed then next week turning over a title chsllenger, who could call it ?

I wasn't there tonight bit when we played Large on Saturday we had at least 3 players carrying injuries and two of our substitutions were for minor injuries. Not much of a rest, two days, to get players fit again.

Poor Clydebank....not the only team playing so many games in a short period of time.

Cumnock were excellent tonight and looked at it. The big striker Mckenzie coming in was a master stroke and played excellent. Still 2 tough games to go for Cumnock. Well done tonight though and that should hopefully give them the confidence required to get over the line. ATN

you could say the same about a few teams results this year, 1 week getting gubbed then next week turning over a title chsllenger, who could call it ?

Spot on. On their day, any team in this league is capable of beating any team. Maybole winning at Largs showed that. Glencairn hitting five past Cumnock, then losing four to Greenock who may go down. Then losing at home to Ardrossan before winning away at Kilwinning. This league is bonkers. ;-)

A thread bare squad, but not an excuse no team should be beaten by a scoreline like that especially at home, a few new players needed to challenge next season, thank god we were already safe a few weeks ago

Think your lads had the flip flops looked out once Cumnock went a few goals up. The young winger looks a good player and big striker.

I feared the worst when I seem our team without Murphy and Burns when I came in but we played very well.

A was raging I had to work and couldn't get to the game, think my work did me a favour by all accounts, people are right on here,we're a match for anyone on our day, obviously last night was not one of them,thing is we had played well on the Saturday an had Largs beaten till two crazy injury time goals were lost , didn't fancy us last night but wasn't expecting a total doing!!!! Never nice to get thumped like that!!!! 😩

You are always on here singing Murphys praises CumnockIan7 but everytime he plays we concede goals, have a look back at the games he has played and you'll start to see a pattern emerging

Think your lads had the flip flops looked out once Cumnock went a few goals up. The young winger looks a good player and big striker.

Which striker would that be then? Prentice and Pearson got a passmark for their effort, but had no support and our No 9 has surely played his last game in a Kilsyth jersey, his lack of committment is embarrassing.

But there are others whose time is clearly up, a lot of changes are needed for next season..

I know a thumping like that is difficult to watch, I've been there with my own team. But I think you're maybe being a bit harsh, as as far as I can see Kilsyth have shown a steady improvement over the past couple of seasons. Two years ago Kilsyth only stayed in the league because Kilwinning were docked points and relegated instead of Kilsyth (who finished on 31 points). Last season Kilsyth finished comfortably in mid table on 36 points, and this season they are finished on 39 points. They are going in the right direction. Yes, they need something extra if they are to seriously challenge for promotion, but they're not a team I expect to be struggling next season. Last night could just have been a case of "our last game of the season and nothing to play for, let's get it out of the way and go on holiday" against a highly motivated team going for the league title.

You are always on here singing Murphys praises CumnockIan7 but everytime he plays we concede goals, have a look back at the games he has played and you'll start to see a pattern emerging

I think he is a leader on the park. We lose goals most games if we are honest but score plenty at the other end. The defence played really well last night and would be surprised if its changed. As my auld father used to say "score more than them and you win the game". Has made for an entertaining season regardless of the outcome but hope the boys push on now and get over the line.

Of course it suited both teams.

We didn't have the choice to pick and choose what days we wanted games played when we played 10 games in 3 weeks.

Cumnock didn't look like scoring once on saturday and a few days later they have rattled in seven.

Interesting.

Do I detect a conspiracy theorist lurking in the shadows

In those 10 games in 3 weeks did your team or any of the others try to move any of the games, probably not as that amount of games over such a short period of time is a game every 2 to 3 days, so would have been difficult to move any inside that 3 week period so would have needed to move to out with the 3 week period

Did your team ask to move any - almost certainly not , so don't get on your high horse when Kilsyth and Cumnock managed to do so

If you read the post's it was evident that Cumnock made 2 significant changes - changed the defence ( due to injuries) and brought in the young striker( who hasn't been available for a few weeks) so keeping things tight at the back and freshening things up at the front is possibly Cumnock getting the pay off that the good football they have played all season

Think others have hit the nail on the head , Cumnock have a lot to play for where as Kilsyth's season is all but over

Which striker would that be then? Prentice and Pearson got a passmark for their effort, but had no support and our No 9 has surely played his last game in a Kilsyth jersey, his lack of committment is embarrassing.

But there are others whose time is clearly up, a lot of changes are needed for next season..

McBride has scored 16 goals this season. Barclay 18. How can you say he has a lack of commitment? He works his arse off week after week, he holds the ball up well, not his fault no one gets close enough to support him. You are allowed your opinion but you need to have a word with yourself!! Maybe if you could actually see the game you would have a better chance of knowing what you are talking about!!

Archived