The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a draw for AWR would be curtains, even though mathematically they could catch the glens if they pick up no points, as the glens will find something

I hope you're right. One win seals it for us, or two draws, and we wouldn't need to worry about any other results. That's what our focus is on, doing the job for ourselves.

It's a big game at Kilsyth, with Largs needing a win to guarantee a place in the top 3.

Blantyre V Maybole is the only game that doesn't have an effect on the promotion or relegation issue. The fact that we've made it to the 21st May before we have the first "meaningless" match (for want of a better description) speaks volumes of how good the format is, in my opinion.

Is a good set up at Irvine vics, but the wall is dangerously close to the pitch on the covered side,and I feared for the life of a vics committee man up on the rail track getting a ball back one time, a suppose there used to it mind lol.

The difference with the railway line at Irvine Vics compared to Glencairn is that it is quite open at the Vics, and you can probably see the trains coming from a distance. At Glencairn there is a bend in the track just before our ground, so you don't see the trains coming. Generally you don't hear them either until they whoosh past (Glasgow to London express), so we don't dare go after them. It costs us a fair bit in lost balls every season.

An outstanding performance from Glencairn today to secure our place in this league for another season. We can enjoy our Player of the Year Night tonight. 🎉

Well deserved, thought you worked very hard and were extremely well organised. Kilwinning looked tired and haven't been the same team since the Scottish semi.

So do Cumnock just need three wins against Cumbernauld (home), Kilsyth (away) and Shotts (away) to win the League?

They have beaten Cumbernauld and Shotts in reverse fixture but lost to Kilsyth.

Have to wait another week....at least....to find out if Theesel are Champions.

Fair play to Largs for never giving up, but both teams were poor IMO. Few final ridiculous mins for us today cost us!!!

Not having Carlin available for the last couple of games has ciost us at least five points in the last two games. The stand-in today did well up till Largs first goal, and we just could not hold on for the last couple of minutes even then. Very disappointing after playing so well and deservedly going ahead with just a few minutes left. Largs do deserve to go up, and now look like doing it as champions.

Archived