The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

I think you'll find, if you read it correctly, I said ANY manager/coaching staff/committee won't be happy if their team arent playing well or winning. So, stop inferring otherwise about Kilsyth. There is no issues with the manager etc. As for being told about one player being subbed at half-time and driving off....more full him, but there's a bit more to it than what you've been told!! I'm certainly not going to tell you or anyone else on here. As you agreed, these are ony rumours, so whoever your 'source' is, I'd take what they say with a pinch of salt...either that or ignore them. Yes, Duffy played well yesterday and other people have mentioned the other side of him, particularly from last season.

He's a nice guy and I wish him well for the rest of the season.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor performance on Saturday from Kilsyth. Really disappointing end to the season considering the start we made. Some of the defending from us over the last couple of months has been nothing but disastrous and ultimately has lost us many a game.

Thought we played better in the 2nd half on Saturday after the changes in personnel. We missed a couple of really good chances to atleast take a draw from the game, but it just wasn't to be in the end. Again, as I said before, our defending has let us down.

Throughout the season the manager has made some strange team choices, and I wonder where the coaching and motivation is coming from?? There never seems to be a great deal of passion coming from the touch line, which IMO definitely reflects on the team!

This is only my opinion, but what's the thoughts of the other Kilsyth supporters??

Poor performance on Saturday from Kilsyth. Really disappointing end to the season considering the start we made. Some of the defending from us over the last couple of months has been nothing but disastrous and ultimately has lost us many a game.

Thought we played better in the 2nd half on Saturday after the changes in personnel. We missed a couple of really good chances to atleast take a draw from the game, but it just wasn't to be in the end. Again, as I said before, our defending has let us down.

Throughout the season the manager has made some strange team choices, and I wonder where the coaching and motivation is coming from?? There never seems to be a great deal of passion coming from the touch line, which IMO definitely reflects on the team!

This is only my opinion, but what's the thoughts of the other Kilsyth supporters??

I'm obviously not a Kilsyth supporter  8) , but I thought you might be interested in my opinion, having watched the game on Saturday. I watched the body language of both teams prior to the match starting, and there was a marked difference in the teams as they came out of the changing rooms. Kilsyth's team walked out of the changing rooms and down the tunnel onto the pitch, and I remember thinking to myself that they didn't look particularly motivated. Glencairn's players emerged from the changing room a minute or so later with quite a bit of shouting from the players, and they all ran down the tunnel onto the pitch.

Two minutes into the game Glencairn were 1-0 up.

Just an obersvation.

Another season when all the wins come in the second half of the season , surely if glencairn can keep the team together they can push for promotion next season, rather than just staying up

Let's just concentrate on staying up this season first. We still have a lot of work to do. Next season will take care of itself after that, our minds are focussed on the present.

It's been a terrific night for Cumnock, with their 8-1 win over Ardrossan and defeats for promotion rivals Kilwinning and Clydebank.

Once again the "anybody can beat anybody in this league" factor raises its head, I don't think many people saw Maybole beating Kilwinning tonight.

Bellshill look like they've got too much to do to stay up now, they fought hard tonight but lacked quality up front, which was surprising as Scott Sally was an unused substitute.

The updated maximum points totals after tonight's matches :-

65 - Cumnock Juniors
62 - Kilwinning Rangers
58 - Clydebank
57 - Blantyre Victoria
56 - Largs Thistle
50 - Kilsyth Rangers
48 - Cumbernauld United
       Greenock Juniors
       Rutherglen Glencairn
44 - Shotts Bon Accord
43 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers
40 - Yoker Athletic
35 - Bellshill Athletic
29 - Maybole Juniors

Wednesday night's fixtures :-

Bellshill Athletic (14th) v Kilsyth Rangers (9th)

Clydebank (4th) v Shotts Bon Accord (10th)

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Blantyre Victoria (5th)

Cumnock Juniors (3rd) v Kilwinnning Rangers (2nd)

Greenock Juniors (6th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) (at McKenna Park, home of St Anthony's)

Largs Thistle (1st) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th)

Your thoughts ?

I was unable to make the Cumnock game last night but heard we played really well and were 3-0 and cruising before the 1st sending off. Bizarre for 2 keepers to get sent off in 1 game. Great result for the goal difference and good night all round results wise for us although Blantyre are creeping up. The change of management seems to have worked well for them.

Big game on weds at Lugar V buffs. Should be a cracker. Away the nock

Why are Greenock playing home games at the Ants?

I see they're playing Lanark there on Saturday as well.

They are in dispute with Inverclyde Council over a bill for training facilities at Inverclyde Academy, and they are currently excluded from using Ravenscraig Stadium.

It was good to see Colin Lindsay on Monday at Lugar as assistant to Sandy McLean

Always liked him as a player when at Cumnock and thought he was a nice guy as well

I saw his auld pal Boab McCulloch going over to give him a big man hug, which was nice !!!!!

P.s. A nice guy like him and a twat like McLean........ Surely that is taking the good cop / bad cop thing a bit too far

In fairness to Sandy Mclean his team were taken a bit of doing.

Now if ur talking twats. The Meadow manager must be amongst the biggest smallest out there , the foul mouth abuse hurled towards his own goalkeeper in the recent Cumnock/Meadow game had to be heard to be believed

A howler of a night for Glencairn, but it happens. It's how we react to it that matters. We have Saturday off, then two huge games for us next, home to Clydebank on Monday and home to Blantyre on Wednesday.

Our recent form gave us a cushion that we could absorb a result like tonight without too much damage, but we need to pick it up again as we're far from over the line.

Archived