The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

As a matter of interest, teams who are playing in a Greenock home fixture, if they are incurring extra expense to get to whatever/wherever the alternative venue is what is the protocol there, does the visiting club have to incur more expense due to the fact that Greenock can no longer provide there registered ground due to their mis management of their finances

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of interest, teams who are playing in a Greenock home fixture, if they are incurring extra expense to get to whatever/wherever the alternative venue is what is the protocol there, does the visiting club have to incur more expense due to the fact that Greenock can no longer provide there registered ground due to their mis management of their finances

I've no idea, to be honest.

Greenock's remaining home matches are :-

Rutherglen Glencairn (27/4/16), Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Clydebank, Kilsyth Rangers, Kilwinning Rangers.

Plus a cup tie v Lanark United (30/4/16).

I've no idea, to be honest.

Greenock's remaining home matches are :-

Rutherglen Glencairn (27/4/16), Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Clydebank, Kilsyth Rangers, Kilwinning Rangers.

Plus a cup tie v Lanark United (30/4/16).

If they don't resolve with the council i can see them playing there remaining home games at McKenna or Keanie park outwith inverclyde !!

If they don't resolve with the council i can see them playing there remaining home games at McKenna or Keanie park outwith inverclyde !!

I understand that is the plan, certainly their next two home games at least are at McKenna Park.

Hope Greenock take into consideration where opposition is coming from, make sense to play Ayrshire teams in Largs, Kilbirnie, Beith for example if pitches available or forfeit home advantage? and go halfway with the rest of the fixtures or forfeit home advantage as well, but how would that sit with with the rest of the teams in the league? 

Do you reckon its still 3 from 4 or anyone else capable of getting in the mix?

Cumbernauld and Kilsyth ( and possibly Blantyre ) are still in it at the moment but they'd need to put in a really strong run. Still think it's 3 from current front 4 but easier to see this time next week

Hope Greenock take into consideration where opposition is coming from, make sense to play Ayrshire teams in Largs, Kilbirnie, Beith for example if pitches available or forfeit home advantage? and go halfway with the rest of the fixtures or forfeit home advantage as well, but how would that sit with with the rest of the teams in the league?

Wouldn't be fair to give up home advantage I think ( we've still to play them away so not saying from a selfish perspective )

Excellent performance and win by Glencairn today.

Docherty and Duffy have been key signings at the right time.

hats off to the gaffer lots of folk had us down until we made them and mcnabb signings as u say at the right time

mon the glens

Archived