The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

I would agree that in that was our poorest performance since the beginning of the season. Its not often that so many players had a poor game. We are better than we showed on Saturday and need to respond to the challenge. I cant see us going with one up front again. It didn't work and when we put two up we pushed Glencairn back and looked as if we would even things up. A bad day at the office.

To be fair, you went two up at the start of the second half, but you only started pushing us back after Duffy missed the penalty at the hour mark. Had the penalty been scored, we would have doubled our lead in the first 15 minutes after you brought on McNeil to play up top with Malone.

Anyway, what's all this "we" stuff regarding Cumnock ? :-P

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday night's fixtures :-

Yoker Athletic (11th) v Blantyre Victoria (7th)

Kilwinning Rangers (3rd) v Largs Thistle (1st)

Kilsyth Rangers (6th) v Greenock Juniors (8th)

No doubt about the game of the night.

Your thoughts ?

This isn't the PPG and the GDPG that we have on the Premier League thread, but below is a list of the points possible for all teams were they to win all of their remaining games (which I obviously know can't happen).

65 - Cumnock Juniors

Kilwinning Rangers

63 - Clydebank

61 - Largs Thistle

59 - Blantyre Victoria

55 - Kilsyth Rangers

54 - Cumbernauld United

52 - Greenock Juniors

49 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

48 - Rutherglen Glencairn

47 - Yoker Athletic

44 - Shotts Bon Accord

41 - Bellshill Athletic

29 - Maybole Juniors

This isn't the PPG and the GDPG that we have on the Premier League thread, but below is a list of the points possible for all teams were they to win all of their remaining games (which I obviously know can't happen).

65 - Cumnock Juniors

Kilwinning Rangers

63 - Clydebank

61 - Largs Thistle

59 - Blantyre Victoria

55 - Kilsyth Rangers

54 - Cumbernauld United

52 - Greenock Juniors

47 - Yoker Athletic

44 - Shotts Bon Accord

41 - Bellshill Athletic

29 - Maybole Juniors

Don't you start. A completely pointless exercise.....or more precisely too point'ful'.

Don't you start. A completely pointless exercise.....or more precisely too point'ful'.

Not entirely, to be fair. At the moment all of the teams have played different amounts of games, so this brings all teams to a level point based on their potential points. But yes, it's not something to be taken too seriously.

What it does show is that the safety mark is currently 48 points. That'll come down just a wee bit.  :P

Not entirely, to be fair. At the moment all of the teams have played different amounts of games, so this brings all teams to a level point based on their potential points. But yes, it's not something to be taken too seriously.

What it does show is that the safety mark is currently 48 points. That'll come down just a wee bit.  :P

I'll say again that there's no mathematical way of predicting anything. We should all just stick to the most commonly typed phrase in P&B.

Time will tell.

I'll say again that there's no mathematical way of predicting anything. We should all just stick to the most commonly typed phrase in P&B.

Time will tell.

I absolutely agree with you.

The PPG and GDPG formulas don't take into account teams on form or off form, so there are a lot of unpredictables. This time last year everybody had Largs relegated, then look at what happened.

Time will tell.

Probably true in Auchinleck jimbo,but elsewhere it seems that a Homer Simpson equation predicted the mass of the Higgs boson long before the the Hadron Collider,in a £8.6 billion experiment,gave us proof that it existed. 

Jist sayin..... :huh:

09E530CD00000514-2975606-image-a-16_1425    

aye right enough apart from when he's booting dressing room doors !!!!!!!

There's obviously a story there that I don't know about. I could tell you one or two about one of your players, but I'll refrain. ;-)

An update on the unscientific maximum points totals after last night's games :-

65 - Cumnock Juniors

Kilwinning Rangers

63 - Clydebank

58 - Largs Thistle

57 - Blantyre Victoria

54 - Cumbernauld United

53 - Kilsyth Rangers

50 - Greenock Juniors

45 - Yoker Athletic

44 - Shotts Bon Accord

41 - Bellshill Athletic

29 - Maybole Juniors

I said a good few weeks ago that I wasn't convinced that Largs would go up, despite leading the table for most of the season, and it looks like I may be proved correct.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (7th) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th)

Kilwinning Rangers (2nd) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Clydebank (3rd) v Largs Thistle (1st)

Cumbernauld United (5th) v Greenock Juniors (8th)

Kilsyth Rangers (6th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (9th)

Shotts Bon Accord (10th) v Yoker Athletic (11th)

Your thoughts ?

As a Buffs fan im hoping for a Buffs win and a Clydebank v Largs  draw or Largs if there is to be a winner .. They were 7/1 a week ago .. but after Largs Cumnock and Clydebank all lost they dropped to 11/4 ....I got a cheeky 50 on at 11/4 after they beat Largs but before it filtered through and the odds changed again .. They must be favourites now .. The Home game v Clydebank and home and away v Cumnock are the crucial games  in my book

Massive game for us tomorrow, the way recent results have gone. Beat Largs and we should be finishing at least 3rd. Lose to them and it gives them the confidence boost they look like they need right now.

Archived