The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result for us today with largs getting beat.

Kilwinning right in the title mix now as well.

Clydebank won't win this league unless they start to take some of the very many chances they made today. It isn't all down to bad luck although they did hit the post and have a few other near things. Far too much wild shooting, a cool head up front and you could easily have had three or four goals. Having said that we defended very well and Prior had a few good saves despite getting dogs abuse from the Bankies fans. They really are a pretty obnoxious bunch 'en masse' although I did have a very civilised conversation with one individual.

There are elements within our support ( as there are at many clubs )who don't tend to cover themselves in glory and can be extremely moany and bad tempered. That's one of the interesting things about us playing at Holm Park that our support tend to congregate in different areas of the ground. Have seen a fair few idiots in our support berating opposing players , coaching staff as well as officials at times - it ain't big and it ain't clever and that's why I keep out their road- some of them can be utterly cringeworthy at times.

I've travelled from West Lothian for nearly 30 years now to watch The Bankies. I certainly have no delusions at all about my team's position in the grander scheme of Scottish football. After the pantomime that was our last few years in Senior football I am just grateful to be able to watch a team at all never mind one that plays good football , encourages young players and is run tremendously well by a fantastically hard working group of people

Great result for us today with largs getting beat.

Kilwinning right in the title mix now as well.

They have been in the mix for some time now! The top 4 have all got to play each other! There is a long way to go in this one very tight and I do not see this changing IMO it will go right to the wire. Not good for the old ticker, the mid week games will be a big test for all concerned.

They have been in the mix for some time now! The top 4 have all got to play each other! There is a long way to go in this one very tight and I do not see this changing IMO it will go right to the wire. Not good for the old ticker, the mid week games will be a big test for all concerned.

From the first time I watched Kilwinning this season I said they would be in the mix at the business end. Great footballing team.

Only thing is that still being involved in the Junior Cup may be a big distraction. I'm certainly hoping so ... as KF says - best team we've played this season.

The next two weeks will obviously decide Buffs journey in the Scottish. IF we beat Beith, & nobody at Buffs is taking this for granted, we're in the final,& we can forget about that 'till it comes. We're still in the WoS & Ayrshire cups also,but I recon the boys' main focus will be to push for a promotion place. I think this season's league run-in will be a cracker,with Buffs still to play Bankies,Cumnock & Largs at Kilwinning,& Cumnock  away! Some mouthwatering matches for the punters,& the results of these matches will probably be a big factor in who gets promoted,imo. 

Talking of a new manager at the Winton, how did Gavin Friels  interview go? After his success at Dalry  it was only a question of time before a bigger club came in for him.

Excuse my ignorance but who was Gavin interviewing for, and is he still boss at Dalry?

What's the best way to get to rutherglens new park coming from Hampden way?Is the pitch likely to be playable for Saturday , I know they have some issues regarding the drainage.

no,,really

What's the best way to get to rutherglens new park coming from Hampden way? Is the pitch likely to be playable for Saturday , I know they have some issues regarding the drainage.

Straight along Prospecthill Road from Hampden. When the road bends to the right, take the turning on your left before the road bends to the left again. That road takes you straight to the front gates of the park.

It's too early to say about the pitch, there are three more days of weather to come before then.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Bellshill Athletic (13th) v Maybole Juniors (14th)

Blantyre Victoria (8th) v Largs Thistle (1st)

Clydebank (2nd) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (12th)

Cumbernauld United (6th) v Shotts Bon Accord (9th)

Kilsyth Rangers (5th) v Yoker Athletic (11th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (10th) v Cumnock Juniors (4th)

Interesting to see a battle between the bottom two. It's probably the last chance saloon for Maybole, even 6 wins out of 7 in their remaining games may not be enough to keep them up.

Your thoughts ?

Archived