The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it referring to past seasons gives u hope? The last few seasons the quality in playing staff has been better.

Not at the start of the season that I referred to above, but we made the changes and recovered comfortably in the end.

A tough couple of fixtures for us coming up now against the top two, at home to Clydebank on Saturday and away to Largs the week after. Sometimes it takes a result against teams like these to spark your season, like last year when we won away to Pollok out of the blue after only one win in the four months prior to that. Time will tell.

(cue the usual culprits, lang / yellowcard / totallegend / the jannie etc etc :P )

A tough couple of fixtures for us coming up now against the top two, at home to Clydebank on Saturday and away to Largs the week after. Sometimes it takes a result against teams like these to spark your season, like last year when we won away to Pollok out of the blue after only one win in the four months prior to that. Time will tell.

(cue the usual culprits, lang / yellowcard / totallegend / the jannie etc etc :P )

We are on a decent run of league results right now and based on the league positions we should be looking at a comfortable 3 points, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see us drop points on Saturday. Seems to be the way we do it at times.

It looks quite possible that we may get some games on this weekend :-

Cumnock Juniors (4th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Greenock Juniors (8th) v Yoker Athletic (6th)

Largs Thistle (1st) v Rutherglen Glencairn (12th)

Maybole Juniors (14th) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (11th)

Shotts Bon Accord (10th) v Blantyre Victoria (9th)

Your thoughts ?

Reported temperatures as low as -4 most of the week from what I've seen. Might put pay to a lot of games.

Friday night is the crucial one, and BBC weather says it's only to go down to 0 degrees C.

At least Largs v Glencairn should be on, unless it snows.

Archived