The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

With all the issues now settled for 2014-15, it's time to start the 2015-16 thread for this mad crazy but brilliant league. It's a year to the day since last season's thread was started, thank you to everybody for the almost 2800 posts so far, keep it going for the next year please, the banter has been good. :thumsup2

The teams confirmed are as follows, in alphabetical order :-

Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Bellshill Athletic

Blantyre Victoria

Clydebank

Cumbernauld United

Cumnock Juniors

Greenock Juniors

Kilsyth Rangers

Kilwinning Rangers

Largs Thistle

Maybole Juniors

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shotts Bon Accord

Yoker Athletic

My initial reaction is that's one mighty competitive league, no obvious whipping boys in there.

Your early thoughts ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's gonna be one mighty competitive league. Bankies, Cumnock, maybe Arthurlie,maybe SHOTTS. Largs will be much better, Buffs and Winton will be expecting to push at the top, Glencairn can beat anybody, Maybole are consistent, Cumbernauld, Kilsyth. Defo plenty quality for a 16 team top league. Just glad Ladeside managed to stay up.

It would take a very brave no foolish man to predict this, even after teams have made signings! A tough ,tough league! I bet that Ladesidej are over the moon not to be involved in this. That being said the premier looks a tough one as well, what else would we expect?

• 2 weeks later...

Top three Largs, buffs and Winton!!

Glencairn to start slow as usual then make a mad dash in the last few months of the season but just miss out again on play off spot!!

Lol, to be fair we started this season really well, 10 points out of the first 12 and 11 out of the first 15 and still unbeaten. Then it started to get a bit inconsistent after that, before another good run from February to April.

The new teams will need to hit the ground running as they'll soon find out this is a very competitive league, if they can get points on the board early on it'll stand them in good stead towards the back end of the season.

A very true statement. Many of the teams come up from the District League and make a good start to their time in the Super League Division One, but struggle to maintain it over the season. In recent seasons we've seen teams like Kello Rovers and Ardrossan Winton Rovers making great starts but being unable to sustain it, and ending up in relegation bother.

This season saw three of the four promoted teams relegated again, but Shettleston bucked that trend with automatic promotion to their great credit. I'll be interested to see how Blantyre Victoria get on as they come into this league with the momentum of back-to-back title wins in the District leagues.

Should be as cut throat as usual. A rebuilding job required at Shotts again. I'd keep five and replace the rest if possible.

Looking forward to some good tussles with all the teams, plenty days out as well. ????????

Should be as cut throat as usual. A rebuilding job required at Shotts again. I'd keep five and replace the rest if possible.

Looking forward to some good tussles with all the teams, plenty days out as well.

Cheer up bud,at least you've got the Highland Games tomorrow. :)

Why do Glencairn always get tipped to have a good season and push for promotion? I have watched them numerous times over the years and they are not a big club/team who should demand success like a Cumnock or Clydebank. Glencairn are a mediocre team/club and will struggle again to mount a challenge for a Top 6 finish never mind Promotion.

I reckon Glensmad has numerous accounts on here and talks to himself. Pathetic. ;)

Why do Glencairn always get tipped to have a good season and push for promotion? I have watched them numerous times over the years and they are not a big club/team who should demand success like a Cumnock or Clydebank. Glencairn are a mediocre team/club and will struggle again to mount a challenge for a Top 6 finish never mind Promotion.

I reckon Glensmad has numerous accounts on here and talks to himself. Pathetic. ;)

;-)

The teams confirmed are as follows, in alphabetical order :-

Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Bellshill Athletic

Blantyre Victoria

Clydebank

Cumbernauld United

Cumnock Juniors

Greenock Juniors

Kilsyth Rangers

Kilwinning Rangers

Largs Thistle

Maybole Juniors

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shotts Bon Accord

Yoker Athletic

My initial reaction is that's one mighty competitive league, no obvious whipping boys in there.

Your early thoughts ?

That is looking a even tighter league than last season (season 2014-15) ! No stand out's for the title or promotion or relegation. Really interesting to see how promoted clubs do and. If teams who had a good season this year like Cumbernauld do.

Looking forward to some good tussles with all the teams, plenty days out as well.

who would you keep wishyman?

Archived