Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Also, I know I get a bit of stick for being a supporter of Dillon but his interview was very, very good. Honest, upfront, admits himself about his performance level. He talks very positively about living in Dundee and what it means to him and his family. Some people would say its sentiment but having someone like Dillon at the club as a player/coach I think is a good thing (especially as we get rid of our entire squad).

Watching his and Rankin's, Dillo being very honest, and looks genuinely genuinely devastated, I hope he can recharge and lead us next season.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rankin's interview (you can tell I'm watching them at the moment). He talks about the ability of player when he arrived and the fact that they were on much lower wages than the shite (I'm paraphrasing) that is here now who earn significantly more. He also talks about having that small squad and team unity that is now lost (he has a go at Demel and Pongolle's squad numbers saying having players with numbers like that are a joke for squad size).

Edit: At the end Rankin saying his kids are United fans and that he'll be back as a fan with them, and that he has aspirations of management, so might be back...

Rankin's interview (you can tell I'm watching them at the moment). He talks about the ability of player when he arrived and the fact that they were on much lower wages than the shite (I'm paraphrasing) that is here now who earn significantly more. He also talks about having that small squad and team unity that is now lost (he has a go at Demel and Pongolle's squad numbers saying having players with numbers like that are a joke for squad size).

He isn't wrong about we don't have the mental ability to control a game, going up a goal and losing it.

Edit: At the end Rankin saying his kids are United fans and that he'll be back as a fan with them, and that he has aspirations of management, so might be back...

I have a lot of sympathy for Rankin - he's one of those players who can play up to the level of better guys ariund him, but can never lift above the level of a shite team no matter how hard he tries. He was a huge part of why Gauld, Armstrong, GMS, etc were able to flourish, but equally he didn't have the individual quality to stand out in the present team.

He's also bang on about the changes in quality of player and in wages.

Jim 'I know something you dont' Spence is brought in to improve communications 😂😂.. .. plus has a heid like a ginger toilet brush...

Don't know how much more my sides can take of this 😂

Not sure about your sides but the remnants of your brain appear to have vacated poste haste.

Just because United have more fans, both in Angus and in Dundee, isn't a reason for Dundee fans to have a pop at them. It's not their fault.

Quality and class is what counts in my book, not quantity. Just look at the size of the United squad this season! One of the largest squads in the league but definitely the poorest quality!

As long as he's not coining it in, the spence appointment is a good thing. It's a step in the right direction with regard to establishing some decent communication and establishing trust with TBS. We'll know it's worked when we stop using TBS to describe our chairman.

As long as he's not coining it in, the spence appointment is a good thing. It's a step in the right direction with regard to establishing some decent communication and establishing trust with TBS. We'll know it's worked when we stop using TBS to describe our chairman.

Was a better deal for us when the BBC used to pay him to be Thompson's mouthpiece.

Was a better deal for us when the BBC used to pay him to be Thompson's mouthpiece.

That will be the acid test. If it turns out to be a PR job for the chairman then he'll be a busted flush.

We should get Brian Taylor in. He's used to dealing with dodgy politicians - would like to think he'd get a few straight answers about what's going on.

That will be the acid test. If it turns out to be a PR job for the chairman then he'll be a busted flush.

We should get Brian Taylor in. He's used to dealing with dodgy politicians - would like to think he'd get a few straight answers about what's going on.

A Brian Taylor-Ricky Ross-Lorraine Kelly-Geoffrey from rainbow led consortium should be enough to buy out TBS.

A reasonable offer would be the chance for fans to bid for the prize of booting individual squad members up the arse on the pitch before the last home game of the season.

Given that there's a squad of about 800 and that demand would obviously be huge, it could transform United into the most financially secure club in Scotland.

Archived