Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'd also be an expensive one.

He could be the difference between going up or not. He's got at least 12 months left on his contract and who's going to pay better money than United for Henri Anier.

Well personally think the fact that United are a complete clusterfuck at the moment and even someone like McKinnon would be a risk due to his inexperience, never mind somebody like Cathro who hasn't managed.

I really don't get the hype over Cathro tbh.

I taught him and he's another who talks the talk but doesn't necessarily walk the walk.

Stephen Thompson said, “I have had to explain the harsh realities of relegation to the squad. I spoke to them about cost cutting measures. It was not a pleasant thing to have to do, but it was better to do it face to face with them. John Rankin was there in his SPFA capacity and was very good about things. He was a great help.â€

Our statements always read like they've been drafted using some sort of word tombola.

Lots of United fans trying to claim they know what is going on in terms of who is staying and who is going; the reality is we know nothing. I for one won't believe a word of it until a Dundee fan comes on here and gives us the TRUTH!

OK stumigoo..here's the truth.

Nobody knows what goes on inside the head of Sir Stephen Thompson... but I have an image of a monkey playing the symbols with his knees and blowing a trumpet... might be wrong ??

00514.jpg

No symbols though.

No mention of Kawashima in the official statement...

Following the Club’s relegation from the Ladbrokes Premiership Chairman Stephen Thompson met with the entire first team squad today, taking the first steps towards next season and life in the Ladbrokes Championship.

The under noted out of contract players will not be offered new contracts. Edward Ofere, Callum Morris, Guy Demel, Ryan Dow, John Rankin, Euan Spark, Joe McGovern and Florent Sinama Pongolle will leave the Club at the end of the season.

Paton would do a good job in the Championship. He was an absolute stand-out when we won promotion.

This. Considering the likes of Mark Kerr play down there I'd have thought Paton would be a cert to stay at play the role he did for us in our promotion season.

Following the Club’s relegation from the Ladbrokes Premiership Chairman Stephen Thompson met with the entire first team squad today, taking the first steps towards next season and life in the Ladbrokes Championship.

The under noted out of contract players will not be offered new contracts. Edward Ofere, Callum Morris, Guy Demel, Ryan Dow, John Rankin, Euan Spark, Joe McGovern and Florent Sinama Pongolle will leave the Club at the end of the season.

That'll just be the website editor forgetting him no doubt. He'll be on a decent wedge.

Got to think of the Tokyo superstore takings :-)

Incidentally have the Japanese TV boys and girls been at recent games - they were out in force at the March derby but nowhere to be seen on Monday

Archived