Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question for a second, what's your views on the statement released yesterday by the Federation of Dundee United Supporters? 

Admittedly I know next to nothing about them and had only heard of ArabTrust until recently (are they the same sort of thing?) but there's been a couple of weird statements this year, and reading through the one yesterday it seems to say absolutely nothing new which didn't really require a statement tbh.

Bar that, it says they suggest Thompson step down pretty much immediately, but then rules out fan ownership as an alternative. What are they suggesting for the mean tine?

Looking in, it looks like releasing a statement for the sake of releasing a statement and feeling important about themselves. 

To quote the late, great Fat Finnish Mess. What's the fucking point?

https://www.facebook.com/Federation-of-Dundee-United-Supporters-Clubs-137285816319849/

Serious question for a second, what's your views on the statement released yesterday by the Federation of Dundee United Supporters? 

Admittedly I know next to nothing about them and had only heard of ArabTrust until recently (are they the same sort of thing?) but there's been a couple of weird statements this year, and reading through the one yesterday it seems to say absolutely nothing new which didn't really require a statement tbh.

Bar that, it says they suggest Thompson step down pretty much immediately, but then rules out fan ownership as an alternative. What are they suggesting for the mean tine?

Looking in, it looks like releasing a statement for the sake of releasing a statement and feeling important about themselves. 

https://www.facebook.com/Federation-of-Dundee-United-Supporters-Clubs-137285816319849/

The Fed are fuds, as are most of the clowns at Arabtrust.

Statements like that are made by folk who don't live in the real world.

"We want Thompson to step down immediately".

"Who do you want to replace him?"

"We don't know".

"Who is going to buy his majority shareholding?"

"Why are you asking all these awkward questions?"

Yet you just posted saying Arabtrust should have been buying up shares?

Yes, the whole purpose of the Arabtrust is misconceived, likely in no small part because the individuals running the operation are clowns. 

Which bit are you struggling with?

Yes, the whole purpose of the Arabtrust is misconceived, likely in no small part because the individuals running the operation are clowns. 

Why don't you stand for election to the ArabTrust board? I will be your election agent; I've got experience.

Why don't you stand for election to the ArabTrust board? I will be your election agent; I've got experience.

It's a lovely idea, Granny, but unfortunately I have neither the time nor inclination.

On a more realistic level I would be very happy to support the work of the trust if I felt that their aims were worthwhile and that they were an organisation which would properly and sensibly reflect my views as a supporter.

Steven Thompson currently holding 1-2-1 interviews with United players at their future at Tannadice.

A number of the first team players have been told they have no future at the club, no surprise

Steven Thompson currently holding 1-2-1 interviews with United players at their future at Tannadice.

A number of the first team players have been told they have no future at the club, no surprise

Is Thompson actually personally emptying the players with three games still to play 😂

It's obvious to everyone that Utd need a clear-oot and I'm sure there are some v obvious candidates - but even allowing for that, should that not be done in conjunction with the new manager? Has Thompson proven to be of decent judgement so far? I'm not a big fan of chairman playing real life Football Manager..

So they are clowns (I don't dispute that) but you want them to have more shares in your club - and therefore more say? That's the bit I'm struggling with.

Well.....seen someone of Twitter say 'word is the entire 1st Team have been told they can leave with the exception of 4 players....'

Ooft. A spectacular toys out the pram moment from Thommo, then.

Archived