Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have somehow managed to assemble a squad that is worse than the one we had under McCall.

It's only two and a half years since I witnessed one of the best performances of a United team in recent years when we won 4-0 away to Motherwell. A truely mesmerising display and far better football than the 6-2 against Dundee.

I knew there would be darker days than that. I didn't think they would be so dark, so soon.

We have somehow managed to assemble a squad that is worse than the one we had under McCall.

Stephen is a youngish chairman living with his mother and owns a football team as their main source of income. When the team stops giving money, Stephen's mother tells him to take it to the market to be sold. On the way, Stephen meets an old man who offers "magic beans" in exchange for the team, and Stephen makes the trades................

Stephen is a youngish chairman living with his mother and owns a football team as their main source of income. When the team stops giving money, Stephen's mother tells him to take it to the market to be sold. On the way, Stephen meets an old man who offers "magic beans" in exchange for the team, and Stephen makes the trades................

If you're trying to be one of the arsehole Dees Podlie you have a long way to go. :)

I have some sympathy for him. His old man left the club in some state. He also has to trust the manager on footballing issues.

/sympathy.

He took too long sacking McNamara, he appointed Paateleinen, he's watched the same shite as the rest of us without really attempting to fix it.

If you're trying to be one of the arsehole Dees Podlie you have a long way to go. :)

Natural human reaction to pick on others less fortunate than me  mask my own disappointment today, if the truth be told.................will be  back to being an arsehole soon:)

I have some sympathy for him. His old man left the club in some state. He also has to trust the manager on footballing issues.

/sympathy.

He took too long sacking McNamara, he appointed Paateleinen, he's watched the same shite as the rest of us without really attempting to fix it.

At the risk of repeating myself (for the 40th time), ST's one big failure was keeping McNamara after a disasterous second half last season.

Don't know if it was naivety or what but, other than that, and the Mixu appointment, he's done a decent job.

ST's legacy will be what he does at the end of this season.

I'm going to add this genuine point. Thomson should be telling Mixu that he doesn't play Gunning again. I'm not a fan of a Chairman telling a manager how to run the team but there are exceptions.

Serious question.

If United are actually confirmed as relegated by time the Derby comes around will any away fans actually turn up for the derby particularly if expected it's at dens?

I certainly wouldn't blame them because no way would I put myself through that.

Serious question.

If United are actually confirmed as relegated by time the Derby comes around will any away fans actually turn up for the derby particularly if expected it's at dens?

I'd be more likely to go to that one than one where you could relegate us tbh!

Serious question.

I'll go to the Derby regardless. I may leave early though.

Serious question.

I'd still go, but I cannot speak for others obviously

Serious question.

no

Archived