Dundee United 2015/16 Season

That's a good summation of where we've been and should keep going. Beyond Webster, off the top of my head the only ready-made better-than-good players we've brought in in recent years have been other loans like Weaver, The Mad Monk, and guys trying to rebuild or stoke their careers, like Flood, and arguably Zaluska, Fojut and potentially McGowan. The best have all been brought in young and developed, other than the complete opposite situation between the sticks for some reason.

In the coming 12-18 months, I have high hopes that Souttar and Muirhead will become starting 11 stalwarts, and am ever more fascinated with Spittal (come on Invergowrie Arab, he already looks more of a footballing talent than Duff ever did, no?). I hope Telfer and Connolly can find strength and consistency. Coote, perhaps a season too early. And let's not forget about guys sniffing around like JJ, Smith, Fraser, Spark and Moore, and other seemingly decent prospects like Montgomery, Duke, Souttar Jnr and Lochhead. And Campbell signing on again.

Exciting two or three seasons ahead imo if the fans can once again get fully behind the club and the strategy.

I think spittal is better than duff but I still see him being a utility player.

Worth having around but I think we could be doing better.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that's harsh the lad is young in his 1st year at the top level also he cant help being shunted about and needs time to get his confidence up, but definitely needs to cut short his preseason holiday (come back mid June) and train hard and maybe join a gym and bulk up if hes to vastly improve though ;)

There is a player there but needs time and needs to toughen up and maybe add some tricks to his weaponry and he has come on as the season has gone on (or maybe he is looking better when compared to the under performers beside him at times)

However next season could be a key season for him and we will see if he is able to step up and become an even better player :thumsup2

Connolly also looks like he needs a shortened holiday and could maybe be his gym buddy how cute :D

Disappointed to see Fojut go but probably more in a cult hero type way rather than him being a brilliant defender, definitely have a soft spot for the big guy. Not sure Webster is the answer though (although the United Mad masses think he will be the returning hero). Butcher can leave too, not too fussed about him, think he is a decent player but someone who can be replaced.

Assuming Ciftci, Fojut and Butcher leave we need a new goalkeeper, central defender, defensive midfielder, a winger and a striker. If I had my own way then Anier would be gone but think he will be staying (basically due to the length of his contract).

Disappointed to see Fojut go but probably more in a cult hero type way...

He wins everything, absolutely everything in the air. What's not to love about a centre back like that?

He's certainly a far better defender than Morris imho, so I'm sorry to lose him.

John Bennett has resigned from the board, apparently. To be honest I've had trouble keeping tabs on which fingers he's had in or out of which pies across any given season.

Anyway, cue the Mad pub rumours and speculation.

Is the mod going to keep an update of who is In/Out and the squad Numbers, contract lengths (eg May 2016) this summer? would be handy for most to read on the OP if it can be done and maintained between now and the end of the season :D .

That's Midge officially away now that he has signed for Ross County on a 2 year deal

You chaps supply the info and I'll do the updating!

Darren Petrie has signed for Raymie McKinnon's Raith Rovers.

And Scott Fox is off to Ross County.

Please don't let it be Letheren, we could do with a step up from Rado rather than a step down.

Fairly certain Rado has had a u-turn. Expected to sign a new contract next week by all accounts.

We've got a pre-season friendly lined up against QPR down in London at the Hive stadium on 22nd July according to the official site. Yippee I suppose.

Why not Loftus Road, that stadium only holds 5k!

The Hive Stadium is a 5,176 (official) capacity stadium in Canons Park, in the London Borough of Harrow on the former site of the Prince Edward Playing Fields, the new home for Sky Bet League Two football club Barnet and Championship rugby league club London Broncos. The stadium is also home to London Bees of the FA WSL, the ladies' team of Barnet F.C..

The record attendance at the stadium is 5,233 supporters (57 above official capacity, as segregation of supporters was removed for this game), for Barnet F.C.'s home game against Gateshead on April 25, 2015, when Barnet won promotion to League Two with a 2-0 win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hive_Stadium

Why not Loftus Road, that stadium only holds 5k!

Dunno really, because QPR are utter b*****ds and a 5k stadium will very likely be more than enough for the amount of people who'll be bothered to go take in this game?

Dunno really, because QPR are utter b*****ds and a 5k stadium will very likely be more than enough for the amount of people who'll be bothered to go take in this game?

I am not so sure, United normally travel well to England, even the Dee managed 2k for a friendly in London recently!

Archived