Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Having now reached the halfway point of the season, Dundee United sit on ten points.

If they manage to duplicate their form they will manage to scrape into the relegation play off slot.

On goal difference.

If Kilmarnock do not pick up a single point for the rest of the season.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until a couple of weeks ago I thought we could maybe buy our way out of relegation, now I'm not so sure. I seriously think we'd need to bring in about six players, they'd need to have experience at this level and they'd need to gel quickly. The chances of these things happening are zilch.

It would maybe be better to keep the cash and try to develop what we can from the existing squad and prepare for life in the Championship.

Gretna-ish

Their total before ten point deduction was 23 IIRC. United are in serious danger of setting a new record low points total.

Which player will be sent out before the derby to tell the press confidence in the squad is high?

so he's actually doing worse than JacMac was, with a Premier League stalwart and a Champions League winner to boot?

Oh my, Mixu.

*understands they'll win on Saturday.*

Jackie has lifted York City out of the relegation places in League 2 8)

Why have you changed your mind in the last two weeks? Within the last fortnight United gained a point at Inverness which you thought was a decent point. You didn't expect anything against Hearts you stated, so not much has changed in the past fortnight. Is the Sherry going to your head Granny?

Two things. The teams above us with the exception of Hamilton are continuing to show that they can take points, what we needed was an improvement from us allied to one team who is in total free fall. I reckon Hamilton will pick up a win before we do.

Secondly I'm struck by the paucity of talent. If McKay is out on Saturday we have no practical option to play up front. If we had all our players fit we'd arguably have a reasonable starting XI with no decent options on the bench.

Positives - we've got a bit more about us going forward and we're getting goals.

Negatives - we are still absolutely rank rotten in defence, and have been rotten all season. Arguably we were pretty shit in defence last season from feb onwards. So kawa coming in may help ( how fit is he etc etc) but we need 2 decent central defenders in pronto. Mixu is talking about signing 2 players but for which positions?

Durnan has been an absolute disaster and must be replaced - for the love of god please !!!!!

This may help us get into the play off spot.

Whilst doing a bit of 'does he fucking speak English?' Searching, I've found this on his Wiki :-

"On 19 August 2011, in a match between Lierse S.K. and Germinal Beerschot, Lierse was leading by a goal when Beerschot fans threw a projectile in the direction of Kawashima and insulted him with chants of "Kawashima-Fukushima!" in reference to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. After being confronted by Kawashima, the referee halted the match for several minutes until order was restored. After the match had ended in a 11 draw, Kawashima left the pitch in tears, visibly upset at the insults. Kawashima said, "I can pass on many things, but not that. This is not funny."

:lol: poor wee lamb. Wait until his own fans start racially abusing him.

Also, going by the quote - Eiji has exemplary English.

Whilst doing a bit of 'does he fucking speak English?' Searching, I've found this on his Wiki :-

"On 19 August 2011, in a match between Lierse S.K. and Germinal Beerschot, Lierse was leading by a goal when Beerschot fans threw a projectile in the direction of Kawashima and insulted him with chants of "Kawashima-Fukushima!" in reference to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. After being confronted by Kawashima, the referee halted the match for several minutes until order was restored. After the match had ended in a 11 draw, Kawashima left the pitch in tears, visibly upset at the insults. Kawashima said, "I can pass on many things, but not that. This is not funny."

:lol: poor wee lamb. Wait until his own fans start racially abusing him.

Also, going by the quote - Eiji has exemplary English.

post-1545-14515258425607_thumb.jpg

Archived