Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it didn't bother you seeing him apparently giving no f**ks whatsoever about the countless shocking performances unfolding in front of him? Personally I like to see a manager absolutely seething on the touchline when things are going badly.

So you would prefer Steve Evans to Marcello Lippi, Arrigo Sacchi, Guardiola or Andre Villas Boas*?

It's one of the least important attributes for a manager, right alongside how they deal with the media. Derek McInnes can stay on his seat abusing fans all game so long as he gets results.

*Some of them do occasionally get animated on the touchline, Guardiola especially, but it's not anger directed at the players

This is a paragraph from one of yesterday's statements on the club website.

“We’ve finished in the top six for eight consecutive seasons and reached four cup finals in that time, against a backdrop of reducing the Club’s debt significantly. Although this has not been easy, it’s the standard we have set here at United."

So we have reduced the club's debt "significantly" but are obviously not debt free. I recall the debt standing at somewhere around £6 million before the 'restructuring' that supposedly reduced it. Since the we have sold Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong, McKay Steven and Ciftci and yet we are still in debt!

Weve finished in the top six for eight consecutive seasons and reached four cup finals in that time, against a backdrop of reducing the Clubs debt significantly. Although this has not been easy, its the standard we have set here at United."

So we have reduced the club's debt "significantly" but are obviously not debt free. I recall the debt standing at somewhere around £6 million before the 'restructuring' that supposedly reduced it. Since the we have sold Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong, McKay Steven and Ciftci and yet we are still in debt!

:lol: oh for the days when it was I and others questioning this and being shouted down by United fans.

“We’ve finished in the top six for eight consecutive seasons and reached four cup finals in that time, against a backdrop of reducing the Club’s debt significantly. Although this has not been easy, it’s the standard we have set here at United."

We're probably still owed money for most of those players, especially Armstrong considering it's not even a year since we sold him. I'm no expert but I doubt clubs would pay £2-3 million fees in a oner. We're also still running at an operating loss.

We're probably still owed money for most of those players, especially Armstrong considering it's not even a year since we sold him. I'm no expert but I doubt clubs would pay £2-3 million fees in a oner. We're also still running at an operating loss.

Your point about running at an operating loss is valid, the other point isn't. Even if we are still due money on any/all the sales these amounts would still be shown as an asset on the balance sheet. On the face of it Stephen Thompson has done an incredible job in reducing the club's debt but I cannot see why it has not been eliminated. As things stand we don't even know what the level of debt is.

At the time of the debt 'restructuring' Thomson was widely quoted in the media; he obviously thought it was important and thought the fans would like to know about the club's financial standing. FWIW I agree that most fans would appreciate being informed of the club's financial improvements. Sadly there has been a complete lack of communication for some time about how the various sales have impacted upon the financial standing.

If the operating loss is really the main contributory factor for the club not being debt free then that's a problem. I cannot see the income from the sale of players continuing to be anything close to how it has been recently. We went through a purple patch of producing sellable talent that will not be repeated.

Your point about running at an operating loss is valid, the other point isn't. Even if we are still due money on any/all the sales these amounts would still be shown as an asset on the balance sheet. On the face of it Stephen Thompson has done an incredible job in reducing the club's debt but I cannot see why it has not been eliminated. As things stand we don't even know what the level of debt is.

At the time of the debt 'restructuring' Thomson was widely quoted in the media; he obviously thought it was important and thought the fans would like to know about the club's financial standing. FWIW I agree that most fans would appreciate being informed of the club's financial improvements. Sadly there has been a complete lack of communication for some time about how the various sales have impacted upon the financial standing.

If the operating loss is really the main contributory factor for the club not being debt free then that's a problem. I cannot see the income from the sale of players continuing to be anything close to how it has been recently. We went through a purple patch of producing sellable talent that will not be repeated.

It sounds like a Dundee fan from 2 years ago has hacked granny dangers account.

Bigmouth sitting in east Angus wearing a GD skin suit IMO - either that or Dave weetabix.

Archived