Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jackie should do the honourable thing: a naked march up the law, with a giant wooden cross on his back.

Good suggestion, this. In an ideal world, failing Thistle managers would tramp a Via Crucis from Firhill to the Necropolis, hounded, berated and beaten by bams every step of the way, before being nailed to a cross by Chic Charnley and set on fire by John Lambie.

Good suggestion, this. In an ideal world, failing Thistle managers would tramp a Via Crucis from Firhill to the Necropolis, hounded, berated and beaten by bams every step of the way, before being nailed to a cross by Chic Charnley and set on fire by John Lambie.

This guy kens.

I don't get the ST bashing. People calling him a baldy snake can f**k right off...and not just because I'm bald.

He has done great for the club. Sure he has made a few mistakes. But Jackie has been backed like no other manager since McCall. He is, however, just as shite as the fat rancid jobby. He is beyond useless yet his failures are frequently over looked by the media and indeed some of our own support. People saying things like, "he has to work in tough conditions, under heavy constraints". f**k right off, every other manager would love to have his budget, his facilities (other than Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts). And yet he is being out managed by all of these other guys. He is so frequently inside the putrid wastepipe of Tommy Wright that he uses the little ghoul as a way to unclog his ring following a weekend of gorging on bean burritos.

f**k off Jackie. Just f**k off.

+! for entertainment value :thumsup2

I don't get the ST bashing. People calling him a baldy snake can f**k right off...and not just because I'm bald.

He has done great for the club. Sure he has made a few mistakes. But Jackie has been backed like no other manager since McCall. He is, however, just as shite as the fat rancid jobby. He is beyond useless yet his failures are frequently over looked by the media and indeed some of our own support. People saying things like, "he has to work in tough conditions, under heavy constraints". f**k right off, every other manager would love to have his budget, his facilities (other than Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts). And yet he is being out managed by all of these other guys. He is so frequently inside the putrid wastepipe of Tommy Wright that he uses the little ghoul as a way to unclog his ring following a weekend of gorging on bean burritos.

You are my new favourite poster. This is not saracsm.

:lol:

You are my new favourite poster. This is not saracsm.

I'll just break your heart

Life is just a constant stream of kicks in the balls. Worshipping false prophets will just lead to another strike to an already swollen beanbag.

Plus, and please, whisper this in hushed tones; I once thought McNamara was the answer...

I'll just break your heart

Life is just a constant stream of kicks in the balls. Worshipping false prophets will just lead to another strike to an already swollen beanbag.

Plus, and please, whisper this in hushed tones; I once thought McNamara was the answer...

I'm well aware of how shit life is. The pathos when I see happy people in their early 20s, not knowing the cruel tricks life is going to play on them, is almost unbearable.

f**k them.

No More Heroes.

Except Tyler Durden.

Greenie just for that line alone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time for an I told you so tbh -

I can't predict the future so I'm afraid I can't tell you the future of your club.

The facts as they stand are you sold your best player, kiddied on you were going to re-invest in proven quality, fan opinion mellowed after a couple of rumoured bids and token bids that were never gonna be accepted for said players, then, out of the blue, sign a player (maybe 2) on a free transfer with no proven Premiership quality, for the 2 positions (CM and ST) you were targeting these marquee signings. Unsurprisingly, not a penny of the Thompson silver is going out as a fee. Of course Jackie wanted the boy he spotted in training/friendlies in Holland above Billy McKay......

Fans are still happy as they now have 2 new exotic names to idolise and it's cost the club snout, cooled fan revolt and relieved a bit of pressure on your manager.

Utd fans are immediately on about "the next Ciftci", "great pedigree", "looks a good finisher on youtube" and refuse to acknowledge his scoring record is poor and it's back to "in Jackie we trust!" This is hilarious considering his recent record with strikers! Ladies and gentleman I give you Simon Murray, Henri Anier and Mario Bilate. Fair fucks if that's what you want to believe, but don't expect me not to have a wee chuckle to myself about it. If you don't like it, ignore me.

You are biting because you all have a wee doubt in your mind about Thompsons motives, you all worry about Jackies eye for a player (particularly defenders and strikers) and you know your chairman is a clever, devious and, when required - particularly when it comes to protecting his money (#bitegate) - an out and out liar.

Zing

Love utds strategy here.

Step 1 - lower expectation - we won't be signing anyone else

Step 2 - sell best player

Step 3 - Link with big money bids for proven quality to replace him and enhance the overall team (McKay, Allan).

Step 4 - sign an exotic named no mark who has a terrible scoring record at an equivalent level and a big name players brother for f**k all.

To the Utd boards credit it appears the fans are lapping this up...

Incredible.

oooft...

Rodders from the official.

If Rodders or Bodul score today can one of you Dees check in on Deefiant to make sure he's ok? Thanks.

I'm quite fine thank you.

Never at any point said any of them were shite. I said you were misled by your chairman/manager with the promise of money being spent on proven quality and you all lapped it up. He was never spending the sums of money you were bandying about.

Now he's signed 2 unknowns, one of which rubbered pre season in favour of Ibiza.

I shouldn't be surprised you completely missed the whole point of my discussion the other day, it's the same stupidity that despite you all previously slating jackies signings has you taking his quotes and bolding bits you like as if his word is gospel.

Utter simpletons.

Here is Jackies quotes with the bits emboldened by banana I think.... (I may have added another bold bit or 2 since it looks extremely ironic knowing what we now do....)

Jackie McNamara, Manager, said: “I am very happy to sign Rodney. He showed great desire and application whilst training with us during pre season and he will add great quality to our midfield.

“He has a fabulous pedigree and you can see his talent. He will become a fans’ favourite at Tannadice and this signing is a real coup for the Club. I look forward to working with Rodney and seeing him in our team this coming campaign.”

I know this is old ground but I took a lot of pelters at the time for calling it as I seen it. Reading here and Mad it seems a lot of people are coming round to my way of thinking tbh. What a difference a month makes eh?

Zing

oooft...

Here is Jackies quotes with the bits emboldened by banana I think.... (I may have added another bold bit or 2 since it looks extremely ironic knowing what we now do....)

Jackie McNamara, Manager, said: “I am very happy to sign Rodney. He showed great desire and application whilst training with us during pre season and he will add great quality to our midfield.

“He has a fabulous pedigree and you can see his talent. He will become a fans’ favourite at Tannadice and this signing is a real coup for the Club. I look forward to working with Rodney and seeing him in our team this coming campaign.”

I know this is old ground but I took a lot of pelters at the time for calling it as I seen it. Reading here and Mad it seems a lot of people are coming round to my way of thinking tbh. What a difference a month makes eh?

You have too much time on your hands son

Zing

oooft...

As+a+recently+married+man+i+can+confirm+

Archived