Dundee United 2015/16 Season

I'm one of those disinterested fuckers who pays little attention to opposition teams. What sort of player is McGinn? Have it in my head that he's a box to box player, hard worker.

Box to box. Skillful, strong, tenacious and comfortable in possession. He'll thrive again with a decent team around him like he had been doing til last season.

He just doesn't score enough. Should really be getting on the scoresheet a lor more.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate our new kit, out of all the Nike templates from this year we have been given the most boring by a long way. I just discovered this season's Corinthians 3rd kit that uses a template that is a least a little bit more interesting. It could have been us...

corinthians-15-16-third-kit-1.jpg

I see Dundee fans aren't any less of a strange bunch since we've gone.

I hope you do sign McGinn, since the Dees were working themselves into a frothy lather at the prospect of him joining his brothers a couple of months back.

I for one have come out of my shell considerably since the Paisley shackles were lifted from my ankles.

Nope. We "worked ourselves into a frothy lather" winding yous up about the prospect of taking your only good player off you. None of us actually expected it to happen. I, for one, didn't want it to.

I for one have come out of my shell considerably since the Paisley shackles were lifted from my ankles.

Nope. We "worked ourselves into a frothy lather" winding yous up about the prospect of taking your only good player off you. None of us actually expected it to happen. I, for one, didn't want it to.

I echo this sentiment. We were told our midfield would be outclassed by the "best McGinn" but he was a complete non event all season.

I'm sure he has shown promise and perhaps would thrive at a non diddy team but from what he showed last season he'd get onto our bench at best.

I'm one of those disinterested fuckers who pays little attention to opposition teams. What sort of player is McGinn? Have it in my head that he's a box to box player, hard worker.

Pretty much what dj said, will do well with better players around him. He was under a lot of pressure to perform last season, which probably hindered him. He can also play left midfield, and he's had some impressive games there for us. Also, can we have a striker in return? Thanks.

I echo this sentiment. We were told our midfield would be outclassed by the "best McGinn" but he was a complete non event all season.

I'm sure he has shown promise and perhaps would thrive at a non diddy team but from what he showed last season he'd get onto our bench at best.

Lol.

Lol.

The vast majority of your fans agree he had a poor season.

Kevin Thomson>Paul McGowan>Gary Harkins>>>>>>>>>>> John McGinn last season.

That is why we finished in the top 6 and you're left visiting diddy grounds like Easter Rd and Ibrox next season.

Kenny MacLean was a right good player, basically carried John McGinn through the season until January. You imploded when he left. Shame really.

The vast majority of your fans agree he had a poor season.

Kevin Thomson>Paul McGowan>Gary Harkins>>>>>>>>>>> John McGinn last season.

That is why we finished in the top 6 and you're left visiting diddy grounds like Easter Rd and Ibrox next season.

Kenny MacLean was a right good player, basically carried John McGinn through the season until January. You imploded when he left. Shame really.

If you say so. McGinn is clearly better than Pates, Ranks and Butcher though. So we'll just be glad to strengthen our side until we can one day match the mighty DundeeFC.

If you say so. McGinn is clearly better than Pates, Ranks and Butcher though. So we'll just be glad to strengthen our side until we can one day match the mighty DundeeFC.

Not sure where your pulling that shite from tbh. On last seasons showings I'd have every one of your central midfielders ahead of him as well.

His one meaningful contribution was getting skewered by a flag pole. They played better without him I seem to recall the St Mirren fans saying.

“Boys know they are not going to play and we need to find them somewhere where they can play week in week out. That is always the difficulty when others are in possession. We have told players they can go.”

It will be interesting to see the squad tonight. I hear Anier didn't get on the bus, so I expect that's him been telt - who else I wonder?

“Boys know they are not going to play and we need to find them somewhere where they can play week in week out. That is always the difficulty when others are in possession. We have told players they can go.”

It will be interesting to see the squad tonight. I hear Anier didn't get on the bus, so I expect that's him been telt - who else I wonder?

I know he was rotten for you last season but do you think he would do a job in the championship? Would take him as part of the McGinn deal.

I know he was rotten for you last season but do you think he would do a job in the championship? Would take him as part of the McGinn deal.

Motherwell fans thought he was alright, but he's had a shocker for us. Maybe a confidence thing, who knows, but if his form for us last season is anything to go by he'd labour in the Championship as well.

Anier? Who knows?

I thought he was a decent signing, but he's been utterly useless. He did well for Motherwell before, so there is clearly ability there.

Mate if mine is a Well fan and he told me Anier was honkin. He couldn't believe United took a punt on him. Unfortunately it looks like he was right.

Obviously Anier was shite for us last season but I wouldn't write him off entirely as a player. He came to United at a bad time, started badly and never really picked up but with a regular run of games I still think he could be a half decent Premiership or Championship player.

Not at United though.

Archived