Dundee United 2015/16 Season

I was waiting on that, but no it's not like that at all. Touting Barry Smith for jobs he's actually linked to and touting players recently released from League One sides (Champions or not) and suggesting they should sign for the recently relegated Prem side is entirely different.

You were touting him for the Raith job, which he wasn't linked to. You were touting a manager who failed at the part-time, smallest club in the Championship for a job at the side who finished fourth in the Championship with 63 points - a total that would often see sides in second - and should have been looking for a manager to build on that and keep them in the top four. After his failure at Alloa, there was no reason to believe Smith would have the slightest chance of the Raith job.

Of course, now that they've appointed Gary Locke we can see that Raith's board are clearly insane and Smith wouldn't have been such a bad choice after all.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were touting him for the Raith job, which he wasn't linked to. You were touting a manager who failed at the part-time, smallest club in the Championship for a job at the side who finished fourth in the Championship with 63 points - a total that would often see sides in second - and should have been looking for a manager to build on that and keep them in the top four. After his failure at Alloa, there was no reason to believe Smith would have the slightest chance of the Raith job.

Of course, now that they've appointed Gary Locke we can see that Raith's board are clearly insane and Smith wouldn't have been such a bad choice after all.

He was linked to it. There was discussion about Smith on the Raith thread before I posted it, there was an article about it in the Sun and he was at one point second favourite on McBookie you slaver.

It's cute that Lichtie has a few choice favourite players throughout the division and touts them to high doe no matter how shite they are.

He's not shite though, I think he'll get a championship club no bother.

It's cute how Dundee fans are still all over this thread though and again giving me a hard time over a player they've barely seen or ever seen kick a ball.

Can't be any other set of posters on here of a certain club that's over their rivals clubs thread as much as you lot. All those years of hurt really showing.

I hope Lichtie isn't crawling aw over our thread next year.

I'd hope so too. He's an absolute minter. He'll be wanting you to sign Steven Doris soon.

Aye because I've suggested they should sign hunners of ex Arbroath players too.

One.

:rolleyes:

It was more to do with your obsession of shite players that have played for one of your 50 teams and playing for United tbh.

We will come back from this stronger and you will all reap a whirlwind.

#corneredtiger

That's the correct attitude to have. Those championship boys are going to hit you hard and the weak amongst will not see out the winter. By the end of the season I predict you will have lost 30% of your P+B army.

You will be offski as well I'd imagine, that can only be a good thing.

Lickspittle.

noun

a contemptible, fawning person; a servile flatterer or toady.

Lichtiespittle

Farewell Arabs. In fairness, on here, a very balanced set of posters who I will miss, given who is replacing you. And while this season was hilarious stuff (I'd be lying if I said otherwise, it was a long, drawn out shambles at Tannadice), it isn't worth it for Sevco coming up.

Haste ye back from the Championship soon. The more east coast and northern teams in the Premiership, the better.

He's not shite though, I think he'll get a championship club no bother.

It's cute how Dundee fans are still all over this thread though and again giving me a hard time over a player they've barely seen or ever seen kick a ball.

Can't be any other set of posters on here of a certain club that's over their rivals clubs thread as much as you lot. All those years of hurt really showing.

In that case as someone who has seen him play....more than just a handful of times as well. He's a pikey, is shite and is a midget. HTH.

Archived